bit-tech.net

Old 11th May 2007, 08:23   #1
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
Different...

Everything has changed...aaaah

Bur I like it so far, good work guys
Old 11th May 2007, 08:32   #2
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah, I noticed that when I came on this morning.

Good stuff!

(still not %100 about the keyboard for the forums, but it's still growing on me )
Mankz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 08:41   #3
MrWillyWonka
Chocolate computers galore!

MrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Forgive me for being stupid (especially as a moderator) but what exactly has changed? The only difference I see is a different header - which happens occasionally).

I know we are expecting changes, but can't see anything...

MrWillyWonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 08:44   #4
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
All of the front page posts are outlined.
Hm, news page is very different!
Old 11th May 2007, 08:45   #5
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There's also direct linking to forum threads of articles from the main page (little speech bubble), the Home -> Forums arrow bit has changed as well.

Personally, I think the new keyboard thing is because they're using vBulliten

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 08:54   #6
MrWillyWonka
Chocolate computers galore!

MrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ah, thought you were talking about the forums! Now I see it. I usually read the main page later in the day, which is why I didn't notice!
MrWillyWonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 08:57   #7
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz_91
(still not %100 about the keyboard for the forums, but it's still growing on me )
It's 99% the same as the old one. The background colour is different (and technically the keyboard is a MacBook rather than a PC notebook) but otherwise it's the same
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 09:07   #8
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This never happened to me before....
Any idea whats going on?
Old 11th May 2007, 09:07   #9
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Try ctrl+f5
Old 11th May 2007, 09:08   #10
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

Ahhh.... magic. Thank you
Old 11th May 2007, 09:35   #11
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just got a couple of internel server errors, a couple of refreshes fixed it.

Old 11th May 2007, 09:36   #12
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, I uploaded a bad .htaccess
Old 11th May 2007, 09:43   #13
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

Naughty J! I shall pwn you tonight.

Old 11th May 2007, 10:21   #14
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
kinky!
Old 11th May 2007, 10:27   #15
ch424
Design Warrior

ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.
puerile!

Though yeah, I like the change
ch424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 10:32   #16
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hmm...

The homepage looks very... cramped...

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 10:39   #17
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by will.
hmm...

The homepage looks very... cramped...
it's almost exactly the same as the old site so I'm not sure why you get that impression?
Old 11th May 2007, 10:50   #18
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
it scares me.. *runs to hide*

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 10:50   #19
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper
it scares me.. *runs to hide*

Careful, RTT is hiding in that corner, the whole changeover made him go mad

Old 11th May 2007, 10:56   #20
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Actually there are a few things that I dislike about this changeover, the primary is the news on the right of the page, the visited link colour appears to be the same as the normal link colour? This way I cant see what I've already read. Oh and also the forums seem to be caching and not refreshing each time I return to their top level (using firefox here).
The brightness of the surrounding boxes/headers on the main page also could do with a slight tweak, imo they are slightly too washed out which isn't easy on the eyes (I frequently have problems reading black on white) and I'm finding it pretty hard to read as it is currently but that's more of a personal thing I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote