bit-tech.net

Old 14th May 2007, 10:08   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
AMD to cut 400 jobs

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/05...cut_400_jobs/1

Old 14th May 2007, 10:19   #2
Pie_uk
British beef, in Britain

Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.Pie_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
crap

that makes me feel bad
Old 14th May 2007, 10:37   #3
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Atleast they dont cut the jobs in dresden as AMD is and importent employer in that region. Still crap!
antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 10:37   #4
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Talking of R600, are we going to see any news on it from Bit in the near future Tim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 10:52   #5
Mother-Goose
5 o'clock somewhere

Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mother-Goose is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Inevitable but sad all the same.

MSI GS70 STEALTH
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 11:02   #6
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper
Talking of R600, are we going to see any news on it from Bit in the near future Tim?
yes, I'm currently eating dry coffee granules so that I don't have to keep getting up to go to the toilet.
Old 14th May 2007, 12:15   #7
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's more info than I needed Tim
Nice to hear that you have some stuff coming, I cant wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 13:06   #8
Bladestorm
Hypermodder

Bladestorm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
The lay-offs were for employees who worked on 200mm silicon wafers, and Intel has recently begun to use 300mm wafers.
I can see it now :

"Congratulations chaps you've been the backbone of this department for years, now in relation to the new 300mm wafers, your all fired, we dont need you anymore."

Seems a little harsh to me
Old 14th May 2007, 13:23   #9
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Sadly redundancy is a reality in a big company that has taken a turn for the worse; it doesn't really surprise that it's happened, and I'm sure they recieved a nice severance package for their inconvenience.
Old 14th May 2007, 18:30   #10
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
its the quickest way to save money and big companies dont care about the small guys. The real big way of saving money is for the big cheeses to take a pay cut and only buy a new ferrari every 5 years and not every year
Old 14th May 2007, 23:09   #11
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeuk2004
its the quickest way to save money and big companies dont care about the small guys. The real big way of saving money is for the big cheeses to take a pay cut and only buy a new ferrari every 5 years and not every year
what he says.
Old 15th May 2007, 04:20   #12
Colonel Sanders
Ultramodder

Colonel Sanders has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To some extent I hate to see people be fired, especially like what Intel did to the people working on 200mm wafers - I mean they probbably did quality work but then suddenly a new project comes along and they are jobless? Thats kinda messed up. . .

On the other hand, if they are being cut loose, maybe they were not important to the company, maybe their performance wasn't good.

L J
Old 16th May 2007, 21:36   #13
Spaceraver
Ultramodder

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just hope some big company will back AMD so we dont get a monopoly. Or even buy it.
Spaceraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 16:12   #14
Shere Khan
What's a Dremel?

Shere Khan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hello

Hi guys,do you work in AMD company?Could you tell me the average salary,I am radio technology engineer.
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 17:51   #15
Bladestorm
Hypermodder

Bladestorm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Whats going on with this thread ? some of the responses sound like they are indeed in response to this article, and some of them are definetely in response to one about intel cutting jobs last year .. almost all of them are dated 2007 too.
Old 14th May 2008, 18:53   #16
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.
The post above yours was a threat revival. Noobs have a special skill for resurrecting dead threads. :P
Old 30th Jan 2010, 15:21   #17
ModaRobby
Supermodder

ModaRobby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
I can see it now :

"Congratulations chaps you've been the backbone of this department for years, now in relation to the new 300mm wafers, your all fired, we dont need you anymore."

Seems a little harsh to me
Yea that's kind of a slap in the face.
Old 30th Jan 2010, 17:37   #18
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModaRobby View Post
Yea that's kind of a slap in the face.
A 2 year old topic? Really? Why?
Old 31st Jan 2010, 07:11   #19
appeage09
What's a Dremel?

appeage09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
AMD to cut 400 jobs

Too bad Intel had decided to use such unfair practices in the first place. Who knows where AMD would have been on tech advancement. I doubt the money is going to help AMD catch up on tech, but it should help them advance some.
appeage09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2011, 18:41   #20
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
430 is a lot of people but it isn't nearly as bad as it could have been. besides, think of it in this way - the people in marketing, sales, and engineering that were fired probably were not doing their job that well. the original phenom and these new bulldozers have had engineering flaws, i'm sure the people who caused these flaws were fired. as for the people in marketing and sales, amd is not profiting much and i've RARELY ever seen any advertisements from them. they have youtube channels that doesn't tell us very much about their products.

i'm sure amd wouldn't mind taking some of these people back if they get the money to do it, but i can understand how they can't afford it.