bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 21st May 2009, 23:53   #281
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
This worklog is one that I kicked myself for missing when it all transpired. I especially loved the experimentation with custom made fan blades. Thats the crazy stuff I love about modding
Old 22nd May 2009, 22:16   #282
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
I seem to like to make stuff that doesn't work.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 23:06   #283
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Still evolving

Sorry about bumping the ancients, but...

-I had to show you this kewl panda face. -No. 'Toad's reservoir has been a problem for a while now. The setup made it impossible to clean, and it was frequently springing leaks.

-I've been playing around with using stainless steel tube for a while, and recently cranked out a prototype that I palmed off on Bill Owen from MNPCTech. We have discussed doing a run using one- piece end caps. Make some noise if you are interested.
-Here I have freshly cut end caps in a cut-off of the tube. It took me a while to find some suitable scraps for the green. I added a third port on this one for a fill line.

-My version has 2 part caps. I need to glue these little rings on the inside to hold the O-rings.

-I picked up some clearance G3/8 barbs to see if I could make a large port version. -Looks doable to me.

-I fixed up a ghetto tailstock for sanding the tube body. Yeah, That's a skateboard wheel.

-I made a horrible mess trying to get the tube polished up. I had to stop because the bit of felt and polishing compound I used turned into a silver rock.

-In keeping with tradition, I made the brackets out of an old, (friggen hard,) chunk of industrial polycarbonate a friend had given me.

- Ignore the countersink failure. Here They are tapped out and ready to mount.

-Before I could mount a new res, there was a lot of gore... and cleaning.

-The insides of the old res. have some nasty ball of plasticizer, faux bauxite, and bacteria.

-Ewww! Who sneezed?

-OK, I fixed that. -Wait, Something's not right...

-Mounting up a new res. A handy feature of this setup is that I can fill with the lid off even when the pump is running. The version I drew up for production has a center fillport in an indent to help prevent spillage.

-Capped up. The last bit of thick material I had wasn't very transparent.

-Here she is 'finished' again. I need to find more junk to make a cap for the fill line, and there's still some work to do on the old pump top. I ripped the old barbs out thinking I could drop it in the mill real quick and update to bitspower barbs.
...Then I remembered this is what powers the mill.

Old 16th Jan 2013, 01:17   #284
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

-I still don't have the old pump top in, but the res cover is done. Have a quick pic.
Old 16th Jan 2013, 08:58   #285
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
didn't believe my eyes when I saw this near the top of the list! looks good Cheaps
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 17:51   #286
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OHoooo whos back
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 19:22   #287
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks.
Now let the log drift back to nostalgia land...
Old 16th Jan 2013, 19:49   #288
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Thanks.
Now let the log drift back to nostalgia land...
Don't you dare!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2013, 12:34   #289
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
-Here she is 'finished' again. I need to find more junk to make a cap for the fill line, and there's still some work to do on the old pump top. I ripped the old barbs out thinking I could drop it in the mill real quick and update to bitspower barbs.
...Then I remembered this is what powers the mill.
hahahaha guys look, Cheaps made a funny
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2013, 19:30   #290
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
HEEEEEEEEE"S BAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAcK!

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scratch build

View Mode