bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Jul 2008, 00:50   #141
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.E.L. Ambiense View Post
If I may, Cheaps...

It enhances flowrate so the pump will push more water. Plus, it's just cool to do it! Why keep things stock, ya know?
It does?

Mainly I did it because the pump will be front-and-center in a transparent case, A visible impeller has to be the best flow indicator ever, and because I wanted to.
It might push more water. I opened the intake up so it matched the hole in the top of the impeller.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 00:58   #142
Langer
Jesse Lang

Langer has yet to learn the way of the DremelLanger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hahaha, I figured aesthetics was the purpose I just wanted to be clear about your genius. Looking goof mate, keep it up!
Old 29th Jul 2008, 20:28   #143
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thanks again, but genius? Didn't you mean madness?
'Looking goof' -I like that typo.
...It was a typo, right?

-I went out and bought another set of permanent markers for the -blue- one. I should do something with the other 30 sharpies I've got now.
...anyway, I got the guts cleaned up enough I could glue the top on. The fumes got trapped inside and wrinkled the inside of the 1/4" layer chamber. I should set up a way to vent the fumes next time.

-This is the only pic you will get of the mill and drill session. I cut the edges smooth first, then bored the extra material down so I only had 1mm of extra to mill off. I finished up with regular mill passes for the last mm.
The hole for the inlet was hand turned in the press again.

-I tapped the inlet after I finished sanding with 240grit. My tap kit includes a 6-point 1/2" socket and a pvc connector to help me keep the tap level. I kept the grease minimal this time. I didn't want to get any inside where I wouldn't be able to get it out.

-I gave the inlet a light polish job with ol' electric Q-tip. -drill, stick, felt, novus polish.

-After sanding and buffing, I have CANDY.

-front

-back -notice how the reflections are freaking the inside shapes out?

-Bottom. I may need to re-surface this. I have a wicked scratch right where the o-ring seats.

-funky angle of the front

-side. Picasso would be pleased with the way this screws up the internal perspective.

So that part is mostly done. I need to glue the barbs in with silicone before I can test it. If I do this again I will need to make a stubby spade bit so I can flatten out where the exaust barb seats. I'd like to be able to use O-ring barbs someday. I also need to bore out my holes with something smaller than 1/2". Tribal said somewhere what the best bit size was for that. I need to go re-read his log.

I never would have tried something so crazy without the support of my sponsor. Thanks again, Danger Den!
Old 29th Jul 2008, 20:58   #144
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Dude.

Thats like totally fricking sweet like.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 20:59   #145
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Schweet, man! That thing looks almost Seuss-like!
LilyPC V.2 - completed!BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 21:03   #146
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
See if that is a pump that is the weirdest PUMP I ever saw in my whole life. If it is a block cover, It will be the weirdest Cover I ever saw in my whole life too. Weird!!!!!!!!!

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 21:14   #147
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks everyone.

@EEL - Funky-plumbing-look Seuss? Yes. All it needs now is a name like 'snorzelphone'.

@CK - That was the response I was going for. -"That is the weirdest pump top I ever saw in my whole life."
Old 29th Jul 2008, 21:16   #148
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
snorzelphone cheesecake!
LilyPC V.2 - completed!BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
Old 29th Jul 2008, 21:46   #149
KayinBlack
Terminal is a state of mind

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
OK, I now officially want a pump top like that. Officially as in PM me a quote.

Quit chopping up the locals to make tools.-Cheapskate
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 21:51   #150
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
@CK - That was the response I was going for. -"That is the weirdest pump top I ever saw in my whole life."
heheheh, no problem you are welcome any time I'm here yo support you buddy don't forget that

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2008, 04:13   #151
yeknom
Multimodder

yeknom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Man, that top is insane. Great work.
yeknom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2008, 04:19   #152
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazzzzing
Goooodddd stuffff Cheap
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2008, 04:23   #153
Langer
Jesse Lang

Langer has yet to learn the way of the DremelLanger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What was a typo is now appropriate after the 'snorzelphone' comment.
Amazingly cool man - bravo to the 'nth with this one.

seriously though:
+1 for snorzelphone
Old 30th Jul 2008, 06:43   #154
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey Cheapskate, you got a Micheal's near you? Their art section should have any color sharpie you would ever need, separately.
barry99705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2008, 09:06   #155
Tec_
Supermodder

Tec_ has yet to learn the way of the DremelTec_ has yet to learn the way of the DremelTec_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that is mind blowing.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2008, 20:41   #156
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks everyone!
@Kayinblack - PM'd ...Quote: "You sure are purty in my clothes. I gotta T-shirt I want you to try on later..." -Evil Roy Slade.

@Barry - It was less hassle to buy a new 12-pack. I have a lot of cds to label anyway. The local Micheal's drains your soul, and there's cr*p for art supplies. It's all flowers and birthday party sh*t.
Old 30th Jul 2008, 20:43   #157
bentleya
Lian Li Snail :)

bentleya has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbentleya has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wooot pump top shizzle hehe that looks mazing cheapskate keep the dam hard work up
bentleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2008, 20:43   #158
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
The local Micheal's drains your soul, and there's cr*p for art supplies. It's all flowers and birthday party sh*t.
LOL! Too true!
Old 30th Jul 2008, 21:31   #159
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks

woot...shizzle -More Seuss words.
@EEL - Thank God for the internet. I wouldn't find anything without it.
Old 31st Jul 2008, 21:00   #160
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

I think I scared off Kayinblack. My prices go up when I'm stuck with too many jobs. I'm having to farm stuff out this time too.

Tags
scratch build

View Mode