bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 5th Aug 2008, 02:55   #161
Stuey
You will be defenestrated!

Stuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks great!!
Old 5th Aug 2008, 03:12   #162
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You want to farm out something, farm out some of the Dolly rain and the incoming rain to Colorado. We are literally burning up here. Ever seen a fire so hot it creates "fire tornadoes" We have them today in Denver. Bad day for fires.
http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=3.1.1

John
Old 5th Aug 2008, 06:26   #163
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks Stuey.
@John- I was just checking to see what all the commotion was about. It's still bone dry here too. You know the storm's going to be a wuss with a name like that. We need another tropical storm Allison here. It's been a long time since I've seen the bridges under water.

If I have power tomorrow, I'm going to trim the screws for the top. The barbs are sealed and ready to test. I gotta do it now before I have a mountain of debris (from multiple yards) to take care of.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2008, 07:58   #164
brinkz0r
Hypermodder

brinkz0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, great pump top. It looks sick
brinkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2008, 18:41   #165
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks, brinkz0r.

-Storm was lame, not much rain either...
Old 5th Aug 2008, 19:50   #166
BlackWhizz
Supermodder

BlackWhizz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Whow cheapskate, thats some very nice work!
BlackWhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2008, 19:59   #167
karolis
Code Monkey

karolis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice, cheapskate. as always top class
Old 6th Aug 2008, 05:44   #168
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks guys.
@Karolis - High class + low brow. I aim to please.
Old 6th Aug 2008, 13:09   #169
karolis
Code Monkey

karolis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hehe, and you did more mad designs please

but seriously, from your logs that i've read every idea, even the most crazy and unheard of, that you pick, turns out perfect. What's your secret?
Old 6th Aug 2008, 20:11   #170
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks, but I've failed many times: Copper fangrill, Northbridge block #1, NB block #2, scrap re-casting experiment...
The BB log is a veritable screw-up-a-palooza.
I was going to say the secret was being hard headed-somethin, somethin, but I couldn't come up with a way to say it that EEL wouldn't make sound dirty.
Old 6th Aug 2008, 20:49   #171
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
...hard headed-somethin...
LilyPC - in progressBIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2008, 18:33   #172
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Yeah...Like that. -only everything else I typed was worse.
Old 7th Aug 2008, 18:36   #173
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
LOL.
LilyPC - in progressBIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
Old 8th Aug 2008, 18:52   #174
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

1 good, 1 not so good

ANYway...
Not much was done lately, but I did have a successful pump test last night.

-First I had to do something about the nasty scratch I made on the base. It crossed perfectly over the area where the O-ring seats. A test fit showed it wouldn't seat right. I added a blob of #16 glue to the spot and re-sanded the base.

-Then I moved on to the LED chaser circuit. I'm showing the pretty side first...

-The underside is-Whoa! That's hideous!
It doesn't quite work either. Who was just saying I was perfect?

I'm going to go through everything just in case someone is looking and can be bothered to tell me where I went wrong. I used Japala's chaser circuit with some of the modifications mentioned in the forums there.
The TIL198 was swapped for a 4n25.
Pins: 1-hd led+
2-hd led-
4- ground
5- 5V
The 1uf capacitor was switched out with a 10uf cap.
2n3904 transistors were added to the LED power.
A 120 ohm resistor was used for the ultrabright LEDs.

-I kept getting called away and distracted too. Here I've soldered the lines to the LEDs to the wrong transistor lead. I had to change that.

-Here I started linking the chip to the LED inputs.

-Adding cap and resistors...

-and finally leads and grounds.

-Knowing my noobness, I saved this little jewel for a potential test victim. The Mobo turned out to be dead. Apparently the previous owner did more than burn out the power supply and collect viruses, (8 different ones, with 227 copies on a 30 gig HD! AMAZING! It also had 8 user profiles, so the drive was full with just system files.)

I ended up testing it on toad's future guts. (I'm thinking of upgrading anyway. My parts must bore the hell out of you people.) Instead of a neat 123 lighting sequence, I got 2 random leds lighting, then 1, & repeat.
-Sooo... If anyone can tell me what I did wrong... Hello?

-Back to that other thing...

-The pump top test platform here at NASA. This is a pic of pre-flight conditions. I ran lines to the radiator too, I've heard the pumps can get hot without some heat-sinkage.

-I could swear I took this pic while the pump was running, but I can see the impeller blades. The air was worked out in less than a minute. watching the water jet through the top with a big air pocket in the funnel chamber was cool. This is a nice shot of my un-sanded HD bay too. -gotta work on that...

I took the blue foam pads out later. The hum went away after that. I still need to drill holes for the LEDs, but IT WORKS!

I have to thank Danger Den again for the opportunity to do crazy sh*t.
Old 8th Aug 2008, 19:00   #175
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

That's bad-ass, man.

Sorry to hear about the chaser; I'm more of a case hardware person, so I can't do much more than wiring simple circuits. The pump is amazing though. Perfect idea for raising the pump off the base. I'm currently coming up with an idea for doing that as well with my two DDC's. They do in fact get kinda toasty during use, especially the higher-wattage ones.

Kick-ass work, as usual, bro!
Old 9th Aug 2008, 02:17   #176
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks EEL. I'm kicking myself for having the time and not adding that green res to the loop. I totally forgot it.
Old 10th Aug 2008, 06:54   #177
zhangmaster12
Hypermodder

zhangmaster12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hey i just finished my mod on that case (the test dell one)!

Anyway, GREAT pump top, really bootyfull.
Old 10th Aug 2008, 20:08   #178
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks
It IS the same case. You would probably choke if you saw how many dells I've tossed out.
Old 10th Aug 2008, 20:36   #179
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Thanks
It IS the same case. You would probably choke if you saw how many dells I've tossed out.
I think it's the Dell cases that are always shedding these ugly green bits of plastic that accumulate in the magic stash boxes. I have 3 Dells in the tack room right now. Don't remember why. Must be getting senile.
John
Old 10th Aug 2008, 21:34   #180
Franklin
Supermodder

Franklin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That pump top is just awesome. You have to be a little crazy to come up with this amazing thing

Tags
scratch build

View Mode