bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st May 2007, 10:43   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Radiation-proof underwear

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/05...f_underwear_/1

In response to growing fears about mobile phone and WiFi radiation, Swiss clothes designers have unveiled the first radiation-proof briefs to help protect the little fella.

Old 21st May 2007, 10:44   #2
sinizterguy
Dark & Sinizter

sinizterguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice. Capitalise on the paranoid.
Old 21st May 2007, 10:52   #3
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Tighty Whiteys that protect your goolies."

Tagline for the win.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 11:11   #4
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I prefer my tin foil boxers, thanks.
Old 21st May 2007, 11:13   #5
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinizterguy
Nice. Capitalise on the paranoid.
Makes sense, they're willing to pay and too stupid not to.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 12:40   #6
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
i would have thought that ther would have be better, and cheaper, materials to use than Silver.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:44   #7
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
Just don't wear them going on holiday.

"Please step aside sir, the metal detector says you are concealing something in your underpants, or are you just happy to see me"
Old 21st May 2007, 12:45   #8
konsta
Multimodder

konsta has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Whilst wifi is a moot point, there is fairly clear evidence that mobile phones in a trouser pocket affect sperm count - at least in the short term. In respect of that, I'd certainly consider something like these - assuming that they were easy to wash and the silver remained woven rather than unravelling...

I wonder if they make boxers?
konsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 12:49   #9
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konsta
there is fairly clear evidence that mobile phones in a trouser pocket affect sperm count - at least in the short term.
It's obviously not as effective as it should be, the number of under-age chavs popping out brats is on the increase
Old 21st May 2007, 13:10   #10
Perforated
Modder

Perforated has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Omnituens - silver's only around 25p per gram when last I looked, I don't think costin a pairof boxers would be too high. By this point most of the cost would be on drawing it into thread & using it.

I can see chavs buying these for shoplifting well, when I say "buying"... Hey, would the insulation potentially foil their own security tags? (pun fully intended)
Perforated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 13:14   #11
completemadness
Hypermodder

completemadness has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasarmpit
It's obviously not as effective as it should be, the number of under-age chavs popping out brats is on the increase
qft

at one point there was discussion that tin foil hats amplify mobile phone transmissions (i recall) so - do these do the same ?
Perhaps a capacitance effect might build up in the silver discharging into - well you know
completemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 17:33   #12
Javerh
Topiary Golem

Javerh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by completemadness
at one point there was discussion that tin foil hats amplify mobile phone transmissions (i recall) so - do these do the same ?
Yeah, for specific frequencies they act as parabolic antennas collecting all the waves into their hotspot that might happen to be the exact spot your trying to protect. If you'd really want to keep em shielded, you'd have to be completely inside a conductive container Šla Faraday's cage.
Modders make project logs. Project logs make mods. Mods make modders.
Javerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 17:53   #13
Dr. Strangelove
Supermodder

Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hmm considering I work with radiation (mainly beta-radiation) on a weekly basis, I was hoping they would be able to protect me but alas I guess i will just have to stop spilling all over the place

Anyway lead undies might be a bit on the heavy side
Old 21st May 2007, 21:52   #14
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
i use lead underpants with lead pants and a lead diaper to protect my nutz........ NOT.

i simply don't put my phone in my trousers, i put it in my bag.
Old 22nd May 2007, 00:33   #15
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by konsta
I wonder if they make boxers?
they do, I saw them on a show going for $60
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:06   #16
Spaceraver
Ultramodder

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is making me LMAO, at the moment i cant come up with something witty. But i'll bet a bear that someone will and this thread evolving out of proportions. anyways i hope it does
Spaceraver is offline   Reply With Quote