bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Jul 2007, 17:23   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Sources say Phenom delayed, AMD denies

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07...d_amd_denies/1

Sources inside Taiwanese motherboard makers claim that AMD's Phenom processor is delayed until next year. AMD has rubbished the speculation.

What a kafuffle...
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 17:26   #2
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Surely if AMD says they are on time, those mobo makers are having a laugh, right?
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 17:28   #3
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz. View Post
Surely if AMD says they are on time, those mobo makers are having a laugh, right?
yeah, I can't help but think it's someone looking for better allocation from Intel.
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 18:06   #4
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Quote:
The sources claimed that AMD would delay the launch so that it could increase yields and also clock frequencies for its upcoming native quad-core Phenom processors in order to improve their competitiveness against Intel's upcoming 45nm Penryn processors.

AMD are already in trouble so it wouldn't make sense for them to do this.
It sounds like empty rumour-mongering to me.
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 18:38   #5
K.I.T.T.
Hasselhoff™ Inside

K.I.T.T. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i reckon it probably was an empty rumour to be honest but whats really important is that they are competitive at lauch with current Intel Quads and future ones or else, quite frankly, AMD are boned
Q6600 (G0) @ 3.40Ghz | 8GB G.Skill (5-5-5-15 2T) @ 533Mhz | Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 | DFI Lanparty UT X48-T2R | Galaxy DXX 1000W | 640GB WD Caviar Blue| 1TB Samsung F1 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | 250GB Deskstar
K.I.T.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 19:54   #6
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
If they delay it they're lost for at least another year I'd say. But I don't think they'll be that stupid. On the other hand if Phenom won't be able to beat or at least win some ground on Penryn/Wolfdale... yea, perfect! Crank up the clocks! We're back in the GHz-race! ...stupid...

But a little off-topic stuff:

Those names?! I mean... what the? Phenom X4 GP-7100 and GP-7000... I can kinda see where that's heading but Phenom X2 GS-6550? Why not 6500 to start with? Why not 6000? And last and weirdest (at least for me): FX-80? If they kicked "Athlon" as a brand why didn't they switch that brand too? FX CPUs lost a lot of their attractivity during the last 12 month so a new beginning would've been the way to go.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 20:26   #7
MonkeyNutZ
Crysis Fiend

MonkeyNutZ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm betting publicity stunt, their's no reason to delay a product like this that would kill AMD's profits.
MonkeyNutZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 05:04   #8
Amon
inch-perfect

Amon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
AMD probably won't risk another delay. If anything, this is a sign of short supply for the release, resulting in higher prices.
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 09:07   #9
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
to be honest im only going to be happy if it out performs conroe and possibly penryn but i fear performance will probably only be on a par
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 09:27   #10
KMS-oul
You think you know me.

KMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's make or break time for AMD really tbh otherwise it will left in the dust. Fingers crossed it will perform well.
KMS-oul is offline   Reply With Quote