1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PSP Slim design revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 12 Jul 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

Do you eat handheld consoles? :)

3. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

can't they change the joystick thing, i find it hard to use bacause of poor grip. but overall it looks good but is it much lighter?

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

how much small is it?

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

The square looks ugly.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

the square button?

Or are you referring to the bad cropping that someone has done? :p

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Yah sry, bad cropping. I just noticed it.

9. Goty

Goty Minimodder

My dad's got a PSP and my mom has a DS Lite. Whenever I'm at home and get the urge to break out a portable and goof off for a bit, I always reach for the PSP. None of the games on the DS do anything for me, the screens are too small in comparison (the PSP kind of spoiled me) and the touch-screen is simply too gimmicky.

The better battery life and slightly thinner design might just be enough for me to go out and grab a PSP for myself now.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Only the yummy ones.

Mmm...DS lite flavour...

11. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I wonder if they have sorted the UMD's breaking when you press ever so slightly too hard on that silly see through window.. I must have had to use a suction thingy to pull them back out on nearly all mine. I even keep it in my psp case for just that purpose.

12. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I think the old PSP looks better than the new one

13. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

They can redesign it a million times and I won't care. At the end of the day, if the games for the PSP are rubbish, then I ain't buying it.

14. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya I dont know how people say the DS is better, I have yet to see any decent graphic games on the DS aside from the virtual pet like games and well ya I like the features of the PSP far more then the DS, but anyhow this redesign seem interesting but it probably will loaded with the latest firmware so that will be a bummer for homebrewers but it might give them the push they need to redesign some of the homebrew stuff.. me hopes. Im still waiting for the PSP2.0 with the build in camera and more on board memory. ^_^

15. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

No second analog? That was pretty much the most requested thing...

Sony, hear this plea, AND ADD A SECOND ANALOG! GIVE ME FAITH IN YOUR PRODUCT!

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Just bought me a 4gb duo for £36 from play.com for my PSP. I use mine everyday as a MP3 player ang gaming on lunch breaks. My wifes DS has been sat in her bedside cabinet since january after getting it for christmas with new mario and brain thingy. I keep trying to show her new games in our local shops and none interest her. She still grabs my PSP and I cant find any games that interest me on DS either.

People that say there are crap games or no games on PSP are just brain dead. There are loads of great games.

I might consider selling my Jap PSP that I bought in China and get a UK slim. Any prices?

17. Zut

Zut What's a Dremel?

At least this shows that Sony is still interested in the PSP, but its too little too late IMHO. The PSP desperately needs a proper refresh as too many people are dissatisfied with its flaws.

A new, redesigned unit with a higher spec, built in flash, and maybe a second analogue stick would be a good start. Next the UMD format ought to be phased out or at least modified to be a little faster. The main issue for me though is Sony's position on custom firmware applications.

I only recently upgraded to a custom firmware and I'm now actually playing games on it, for the first time in months. The whole reason I got a PSP in the first place was because I wanted to play Final Fantasy 7 but didn't want to buy a PS1/2. Even after the 3.00 firmware we still weren't allowed to run PS1 games (I'm not bloody well shelling out for a PS3!). With the new firmware it was just a scant few hours before I was finally playing it! (Hooray!)

Everyone I know that has a PSP has some form of custom firmware, and the all say that they wouldn't use their PSPs without it. Sony needs to wake up to this and stop alienating users.

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

If the d-pad has been re-designed I might trade my PSP in for one, as that has been the one thing that spoiled the PSP for me. My DS gets a lot more use than my PSP.

19. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Looks identical to me, at least, from what I can tell in the blurry photos.

Tags: Add Tags