bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Jul 2007, 23:17   #1
Da Dego
Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Samsung releases two new monitors

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07...new_monitors/1

Samsung has released two new monitors today - a mid-range 24" and a 22" with fast response time.

Old 12th Jul 2007, 23:24   #2
lamboman
I *am* a Dremel

lamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is great news, Samsungs products are normally fairly high end, and expensive. Extra beer money!
lamboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2007, 23:40   #3
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
What are the main differences between a 226BW and a 226CW? No "dynamic" 3000:1 CR and lower brightness, at the cost of a better gaming monitor? I have a 226BW S model and it's fantastic at gaming. Wait, are these monitors wide gamut?
Old 12th Jul 2007, 23:42   #4
cosmic
Supermodder

cosmic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Interesting, but not much information on the colour gamut covered; is it likely to be similar to the new 24 inch Dell which covers most of the AdobeRGB colour space - probably not at this price which seems quite amazing for a 24 inch display
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 00:10   #5
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
i like these, but i would like to see the new led powered screens.
Old 13th Jul 2007, 01:42   #6
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like Samsung.. or more specifically, I like whoever is designing Samsung's products. They look purdy

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 08:46   #7
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
The 'Discuss' link the at the top of the page is dead.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 08:53   #8
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Rude_Baboon View Post
The 'Discuss' link the at the top of the page is dead.
Thanks for pointing that out, forgot to update the forum url in the config.
Old 13th Jul 2007, 09:18   #9
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
When bringing news on and reviewing monitors can you guys make sure you mention the native resolutions of those monitors at least once? Personally as important a factor as size, and a more important factor than any single quality measurement is the resolution that a monitor will do.

edit: And for anyone wondering, us Brits pay £110 or $220 more for this monitor than our American friends. Feel that stretching folks.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 09:19   #10
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love my SM-206BW with 2ms repsonse, they're some sweet monitors for gaming - kinda confused why the BW looks different to mine and the CW the same.
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 09:33   #11
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
These look rather nice, though the plastic surround on the right one doesn't do it for me, loving the one on the left though

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 09:38   #12
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Indeed. I'd be very tempted by the 24 if it cost £250. At £360 though it's about £110 too steep.
Old 13th Jul 2007, 11:39   #13
Buzzons
Mod Master

Buzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
"UK was not available at the time of publication." Where did the UK go?!!??!?!?! Should it not say "UK pricing was not..." not as it does say that the entire UK has disappeared!
Buzzons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 12:03   #14
cosmic
Supermodder

Its available for pre-order from Overclockers at 388
Samsung 245B
Old 13th Jul 2007, 12:07   #15
specofdust
Banned

It's available somewhere decent (scan) for £365.
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:06   #16
Da Dego
Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sorry guys, a couple of these issues were my fault. I'm used to thinking of the monitors as 20-22" == 1680x1050, etc. so I didn't include the resolutions in my original draft - I was more highlighting the differences vs. other monitors in the same field. Also, UK pricing was totally absent from the release earlier yesterday and I saw a direct conversion as well, useless because we all know how rip-off Britain got its name. Glad to know that Scan has it on pre-order though! I guess they had everything ready, as the monitors were "shipping immediately" but that doesn't mean to consumers - more like from the place of manufacture using the slowest boat imaginable.

I'm sorry about the confusion!!
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:46   #17
cosmic
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by specofdust View Post
It's available somewhere decent (scan) for 365.
Thats an excellent deal from Scan
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:56   #18
specofdust
Banned

While it may be a good deal for the UK, not being familiar with what LCD monitors are expected to cost in the UK I am rather disgusted that we pay such inflated prices compared with the US. I would be highly interested to hear any justifications for why this must be from companies such as Scan, and Samsung.
Old 13th Jul 2007, 15:49   #19
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
and those inflated prices also affect € countries.....
Old 13th Jul 2007, 21:36   #20
cosmic
Supermodder

Is it because we now pay an EU duty of 14% on larger monitor imports, then of course there is another 17.5% on top of that for the UK government - or is the EU tax still to come into effect?