bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Jul 2007, 11:40   #1
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
Sony not cutting PS3 price in Europe

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07...ce_in_europe/1
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 11:42   #2
lamboman
I *am* a Dremel

lamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As I said in the 60GB cut thread, they don't understand us do they?
lamboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 11:42   #3
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I shall be having two brand new unused PS3 games and an unused 6-axis for sale soon. Anyone want one?

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 11:49   #4
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
looks like I'll not be playing Gran Turismo when it comes out then... unless I get one in either Taiwan or the States
Old 13th Jul 2007, 11:54   #5
cosmic
Supermodder

cosmic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like I am going to continue boycotting Sony products for their UK pricing strategies
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 11:56   #6
Mister_X
Chaotic Neutral

Mister_X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You know, Just for a little while I toyed with the idea of getting one. After this "enhancement" to the UK offering forget it. Not only are we screwed over how much we pay, We get screwed on the specs too. At every turn Sony has made PR blunders.
They need their nose to be financially bloodied to get the message i think. ( and It's looking likely)
They seem to only give a darn about the US market. Europe and the UK are some poor cousin.
I'll stick to the Wii60 combo
Mister_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 11:56   #7
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Lots of things are cheaper in the US, do you not buy a car because they are 50% cheaper over there, do you not buy and LCD/Plasma because they are also cheaper, **** even computer hardware is cheaper that doesn't seem to stop guys on here but hey if its got a Sony label on it, you won't buy it, why is that then? Some very odd people on here obviously missing out on a lot of kit because is cheaper in the US, fools.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 12:00   #8
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys View Post
Lots of things are cheaper in the US, do you not buy a car because they are 50% cheaper over there, do you not buy and LCD/Plasma because they are also cheaper, **** even computer hardware is cheaper that doesn't seem to stop guys on here but hey if its got a Sony label on it, you won't buy it, why is that then? Some very odd people on here obviously missing out on a lot of kit because is cheaper in the US, fools.
Because, time after time, Sony disregards its European market, focussing completely on Japan and the US. Don't forget that the exchange rate across the world means the PS3 is incredibly expensive over here now, even with the added VAT. At £425 that means the console is the equivalent of over $850 in the US, and even without VAT that's still about $723, which is $124 more expensive than the 80GB version will be in the US.

As for Sony bending us over, remember the fiasco about the PS2 emulation hardware that we didn't get, but the rest of the world didn't? Remember how long we had to wait after the US and Japan when it was released? How about missing out on the 20GB and 80GB version?

I'm betting on a big price-cut over here before Christmas - they're just not selling over here, and at £425 I would still bet on tiny sales at Xmas considering a plentiful supply of Wii's and X360's...
Old 13th Jul 2007, 12:04   #9
Mister_X
Chaotic Neutral

Mister_X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys
Its not about it being cheaper, Its about it getting EVEN cheaper.... The US gets a price cut AND and improved spec console. the UK and EU get what? a soon to be infernior model controller and NO HDD upgrade. You can't see the one sidedness of this?
Mister_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 12:35   #10
whisperwolf
I *am* a Dremel

whisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysis
Hang on, its a bit cheeky to say sony are not cutting prices, the cheapest i have found for a ps3 with two games and a second contoller is about £480 to £490 if this is now at £425 thats a £55 cut or a bigger discount than the US was given earlier. Of course your stuck with the games they offer.

My Flickr
whisperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 12:40   #11
cosmic
Supermodder

Quote:
Its because there are enough suckers like you around that Sony can get away with these tricks.
Old 13th Jul 2007, 12:44   #12
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S View Post
looks like I'll not be playing Gran Turismo when it comes out then... unless I get one in either Taiwan or the States
I was going to buy for this reason too, I guess i'll bare without though
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 12:52   #13
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
No its because of market forces, I am trying to explain this over two threads and getting a bit mixed up , read here.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=136149
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:00   #14
Hiren
mind control

Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.
Ergh I give up on Sony, I love my PS2 but day by day I get closer to getting a Xbox 360
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:05   #15
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well I have not seen and PS3 in the UK for 425, so places that are sellling it at 350 will start selling this package at 350 with the 2 games and 2 pads.

Remember 425 is the RRP and not what good retailers sell for.

Another thing, we were 3 months behind in the release of the PS3 so I would expect a price cut in 3 months or so.
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:06   #16
cosmic
Supermodder

Quote:
No its because of market forces, I am trying to explain this over two threads and getting a bit mixed up , read here.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=136149
It does not help you get your point over when you finish your post by calling others fools
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:07   #17
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A 360 thats going to conc out with lights of death and/or eating discs (and weeks of wait to send it to microsoft for them to fix?), or an overpriced underspeced ps3.....its quite a choice tbh lol

might get a wii instead :P
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:09   #18
WILD9
Been here aaaaages

WILD9 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So the rough translation of this is that america get a price cut to clear all 60gb PS3s already in the country. All other old PS3s remaining in circulation after the upgrade will be shipped over to us second rate customers in europe and sold on at full price. Thanks sony Its nice to be made feel like a second rate customer over and over again. This just re-iterates the total lack of respect sony has for europe not only are we paying through the ears for their hardware we are now a dumping ground for all the old stock too. Im even more mad because I desperately want one, the E3 lineup looks superb for it.

Last edited by WILD9; 13th Jul 2007 at 14:24.
WILD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:16   #19
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
I would like a PS3 and could afford one, but its a rip-off. I got my PS2 3-4 months after it came out and as far as I can remember it was about £300 with GT3 bundled in.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2007, 13:31   #20
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I find this disgusting.