bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Jul 2007, 09:39   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Lost Planet PC gets free content

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07...free_content/1

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition has only been out on PC for a little while, but already it's getting a load of free content dumped on it in a new patch. Check inside for details.

Old 16th Jul 2007, 09:47   #2
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm not sure whether this is a patch to fix bugs, or to entice more people to play/buy the game. I have a suspicion that it is the latter. If they have fixed them, then I might even buy it, but no amount of extra content will persuade me to buy a flawed game.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2007, 10:09   #3
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
from reading it, I got the impression that it was the latter
Old 16th Jul 2007, 11:28   #4
Silver Shamrock
Banned

Silver Shamrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent news.
Silver Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2007, 11:36   #5
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I Hope we now get a 'real' first person perspective instead of the zoomed cam mode
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2007, 12:49   #6
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
free stuff is always good
Old 16th Jul 2007, 16:37   #7
xion
Multimodder

xion has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
after playing the demo, complete with "tap button B" prompts... I've never been so disappointed with a console conversion! Buggy is not the word, maybe I just got an early version from steam, but I always thought a demo was meant as a showcase for your product to entice you to buy, not for a half finished conversion which looks like it's being played on an emulator!

[/rant] ... anyhoo, it'll take a whole lotta extras to make me look twice, and tbh the game (at least on the 360) was pretty decent for a nonexistent-story-monotonous-shoot-the-monsters-weak-spot type game!
Old 16th Jul 2007, 16:43   #8
Hugo
Ultramodder

Hugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The options menu still invites you to customise your xbox 360 controller options. Clearly your supposed to by a controller for the PC
Old 17th Jul 2007, 12:02   #9
Silver Shamrock
Banned

The update will be available on Friday 20th July. According to the Steam Forums.
Old 20th Jul 2007, 03:04   #10
completemadness
Hypermodder

completemadness has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
The patch, which Capcom calls an automatic update, will weigh in at 400MB and will more than likely download and install over Steam as soon as it is released.
Lost planet is a steam game ?
completemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2007, 19:11   #11
Silver Shamrock
Banned

The patch is out. Steam is updating as i type. Although very slowly
Old 20th Jul 2007, 21:16   #12
Hugo
Ultramodder

Hugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by completemadness View Post
Lost planet is a steam game ?
Yes indeedy it is