bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Jul 2007, 09:46   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Intel to continue selling really cheap E2140 CPU

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07...ng_e2140_cpu/1

Intel is to keep their lowest Core 2 CPU, the E2140 a little longer and further drop the price! Bargain of the year? Quite possibly.

Old 18th Jul 2007, 10:00   #2
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
Cheap as Chips! *bah-dum-tish*

Do Celeron's still exist then, or is E2xxx just a fancy way to hide the budget-CPU branding?
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 10:03   #3
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
it's the latter, pretty much.
Old 18th Jul 2007, 10:04   #4
lamboman
I *am* a Dremel

lamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Rumors have it that the Celeron will exist in the future. But it doesn't really make sense. There is no way for them to fit in but as a single core processor. I thought that E2160 was already existent? Overclockers and everyone else is selling them.
lamboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 10:05   #5
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pope View Post
Cheap as Chips! *bah-dum-tish*
You are now a bright orange weird person!

Quote:
Do Celeron's still exist then, or is E2xxx just a fancy way to hide the budget-CPU branding?
I think the fancing rebranding. Celeron was always associated with crap ("Celery is full of water and takes more effort to eat then you get back, just like a Celeron")

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 10:21   #6
Hugo.B
Supermodder

Hugo.B has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This may be good for consumers in the short term, but if AMD gets pushed out any further...well, I don't think VIA counts as reasonable competition, so that'd leave Intel dominating, a bad position even for Intel fanboys.
Hugo.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 11:57   #7
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
interesting.... and nicely cheap.
Old 18th Jul 2007, 16:04   #8
ARM
Multimodder

ARM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi all,
I'm confused when it comes to the E2xxx series CPU from Intel.
Many considers it a cheaper / cut down version of the Core 2 Duo processor, which I too though of initially.
But when I went to the Intel website, it is listed under 'Intel Pentium Dual Core', similar to the D series of CPU.
So is the E2xxx really a continuation of the D series, since it shares some similarities (same FSB, but less cache),
or is it really a Core 2 Duo processor ?

ARM
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 16:28   #9
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
As far as I know it's Core 2 based. To be honest, I've got to phone up Intel and get one in.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 17:21   #10
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

It's definitely based on the Core microarchitecture.
Old 18th Jul 2007, 17:36   #11
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
It kills what i've got, and its so cheap. I'll take one of these into consideration.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 22:22   #12
BUFF
Hypermodder

BUFF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

Do Celeron's still exist then,
Indeed they do - only last month the Celeron 4 series was launched.
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 22:46   #13
Gravemind123

Gravemind123 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Celeron 4 series is all Conroe-L based, so they are single-core Core 2 based CPUs with 512kb of L2 cache and from what I've read they overclock like crazy for really cheap CPUs.

Dell XPS M1330 - T8300 - 4GB Ram - 8400M GS - 250GB HDD
Gravemind123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 00:05   #14
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravemind123 View Post
The Celeron 4 series is all Conroe-L based, so they are single-core Core 2 based CPUs with 512kb of L2 cache and from what I've read they overclock like crazy for really cheap CPUs.
any price on those?
Old 19th Jul 2007, 00:14   #15
BUFF
Hypermodder

BUFF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
currently £30-40 depending upon model
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:13   #16
MiNiMaL_FuSS
There be Cows.

MiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run Crysis
my E2160 is at 3.4ghz straight out of the box.