bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Jul 2007, 13:26   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Fallout 3 screens show some gore

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07...ow_some_gore/1

Lets face it, many were worried that Fallout 3 would end up as 'Oblivion with guns', but new screenshots show that Bethesda isn't afraid to get its hands dirty with some blood and guts.

Old 18th Jul 2007, 13:36   #2
Enforcer
Multimodder

Enforcer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll be completely shocked if this game doesn't make it in the news for another gorey game that induces violence in teenagers. (Which btw as we all know is utter krap)

Looks good, i've never played any of the fallout games so i'm not sure what it's all about but ill probably try em out eventually
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 13:42   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You can pick up the older games online for under a fiver, and they really are worth trying. I carried a copy of Fallout around on a USB key for a while so that I could game on the go.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 14:30   #4
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
You can pick up the older games online for under a fiver, and they really are worth trying. I carried a copy of Fallout around on a USB key for a while so that I could game on the go.
now THAT's hardcore right there lol

id probably give this a shot... but 2008?? ugh im an impatient little boy....
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 19:22   #5
OtakuHawk
The Post of The Beast

OtakuHawk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
slow news day guys? this has been known for a while.
Old 18th Jul 2007, 22:09   #6
mushky
gimme snails

mushky has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Good thread just got great. Why didn't I think of that before?
mushky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2007, 22:20   #7
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
very gory, i hope they don't dare ban this because of the gore.
Old 18th Jul 2007, 22:53   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushky View Post
Good thread just got great. Why didn't I think of that before?
I have Monkey Island 1 and 2 on a USB as well, which is fantastic for gaming on even the weakest of systems. Both games can fit on even the lowliest of keys and it just requires you to copy the save games (a single file) across with you when your done.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 18th Jul 2007, 23:09   #9
Aankhen
Supermodder

Aankhen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh, good, gore. I guess I won't be playing any of the Fallout games after all.
Old 19th Jul 2007, 08:56   #10
Hivemind187
What's a Dremel?

Hivemind187 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aankhen View Post
Oh, good, gore. I guess I won't be playing any of the Fallout games after all.
Its not about the gore. The storylines in Fallout and Fallout 2 were way beyond anything we have had in the past few yeas.

Oblivion was fun for about 10 minutes when it came out last year. I'm still playing Fallout 2 (and just about to take on the Raiders )

Last edited by CardJoe; 19th Jul 2007 at 12:20. Reason: oops - wrong button
Hivemind187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:59   #11
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
All I have to say on the matter is "YUM!"
dire_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 12:20   #12
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind187 View Post
Its not about the gore. The storylines in Fallout and Fallout 2 were way beyond anything we have had in the past few yeas.

Oblivion was fun for about 10 minutes when it came out last year. I'm still playing Fallout 2 (and just about to take on the Raiders )

How you tackling them? I remember there was even two ways to find their base, depending on your outdoorsman skill.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 19th Jul 2007, 22:31   #13
speedfreek
Ultramodder

speedfreek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I heard that intelligence has no effect on conversational skills anymore. Its too bad that you wont see dialog options like "GHOTSBUSTER!!!" and "Me work is done here."

I hope it doesn't get screwed up.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2007, 12:59   #14
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I presune it is running on the Oblivion enging? or have they done a whole new DX10 one?
Old 20th Jul 2007, 14:52   #15
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

A modified and improved Oblivion engine, yeah.

www.joemartinwords.com