bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:18   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Why didn't Sony cut the PS3 price in the UK?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07...uk_ps3_price/1

David Reeves talks about why Sony won't be cutting the price of the PlayStation 3 in the UK for a while...

Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:22   #2
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves
We know that most people anyway are going to buy two to two-and-half games.
Que? Maybe Sony need to revisit their maths, it's between "2 and 3 games", as an attachment rate for a console, it's pretty low, AR for 360 is 4-5 I think.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:26   #3
Buzzons
Mod Master

Buzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
On a sideish note, MGS4 is meant to be the game that will sell the PS3.. so I guess a lot of people want it? how does that compare to Halo 3? will they launch at the same time just to annoy Sony?
Buzzons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:28   #4
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Halo3 has had it's release date known for a while, end of September (22nd or 29th iirc), I personally have never gotten into MGS at all.

The big PS3 sellers for me are Heavenly Sword and White Knight.

Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:36   #5
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey
Halo3 has had it's release date known for a while, end of September (22nd or 29th iirc), I personally have never gotten into MGS at all.

The big PS3 sellers for me are Heavenly Sword and White Knight.
... and Haze
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:40   #6
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
He could of wore a tie lol
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:43   #7
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
... and Haze
It's a timed exclusive, I have patience...

Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:47   #8
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OMG...why dont they just admit it...they like shafting us!

Wouldnt it be better to drop the price and let us pick our own games?
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:49   #9
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

HMV have a quite good bundle deal going at the moment, instore I think you can choose the games/Bluray discs.

Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:57   #10
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Amazon is not too bad either, nor is Play , The games chioce is limited as its first party where they can make the decision, still not a bad deal.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:59   #11
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

HMV is best if you have NUS discount

Old 19th Jul 2007, 12:12   #12
Delphium
Eyefinity enabled

Delphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I still think its to expensive for a console, and with all the problems that have pluaged the xbox360, ill be standing by my choice to get a Wii =]
| Gigabyte X58A UD3R r2 | i7 930 @4.2ghz Watercooled | 12GB Corsair Dominator @1600mhz 8-8-8-24 2T | AMD 7970 GB | 128GB Crucial C300 SSD | 8x 500GB Seagate SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | All working on Win7 Ultimate x64 |
Delphium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 12:31   #13
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
HMV is best if you have NUS discount
42 discount there then with NUS at 10% = 383.00

So elite 360 is assumed to be 330, and for 47 more for the PS3 package above you can have 2 games, 2 films and a joypad for 47. I think the PS3 is a much better deal.

Id go for the F1 and Resistence bundle with Bond and Black Hawk. Sweet Deal but I have no cash
Old 19th Jul 2007, 12:48   #14
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
You get bond bluray free when you sign up for PSN. If bluray is your thing I think the US promo will be coming here soon, thats buy a player ( includes PS3) get 5 free films, admittedly they are not the greatest but nice enough sweetner.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 13:02   #15
phat-ant
Modder

phat-ant has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
damn it. i got early adopter syndrome again paying full fat price and No extra free bits, (other than bond)
to be honest I had it since launch day, and I think Ive only used it about 10 to 15 times. just waiting for more decent blu-ray movies to come out, and for them to open up the "other" operating systems bit abit more so we can get some media center goodness on the go, as currently there supported codecs are a joke.
phat-ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 13:58   #16
WILD9
Been here aaaaages

WILD9 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Translation:
" Its ok guys we shafted you on the late lauch date for the PS3 in europe so the fact that we are now shafting you on the price is perfectly acceptable. You suckers seem to be lapping it up regardless so we thought we would chuck in a few games that we dont think will sell very well after the good looking E3 lineup to go with the old 60gb PS3s we are also palming off on you"
Old 19th Jul 2007, 14:50   #17
Swafeman
I *am* a Dremel

Swafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the DremelSwafeman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeuk2004 View Post
£42 discount there then with NUS at 10% = £383.00

So elite 360 is assumed to be £330, and for £47 more for the PS3 package above you can have 2 games, 2 films and a joypad for £47. I think the PS3 is a much better deal.

Id go for the F1 and Resistence bundle with Bond and Black Hawk. Sweet Deal but I have no cash
But youd get a 33 quid discount on the elite, so its still 80 quid more, and the hard drive is half the size

Thats of course if your a student, the majority of people arnt, so its still 95 quid more.

Not 43 :/ Unless you were stupid and were deciding between buying a PS3 with your student discount, however totally forgot you had a student card when pondering a 360

Last edited by Swafeman; 19th Jul 2007 at 15:10.
Swafeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 16:55   #18
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

cyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysis
Quote:
There was one moment of insight however, when Reeves said that "We thought if we reduced the price [in Europe], we'd annoy a lot of people."
No idea what they're on about here, the exact opposite is true.

What kind of person gets annoyed by a price cut?
cyrilthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 17:22   #19
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilthefish View Post
No idea what they're on about here, the exact opposite is true.

What kind of person gets annoyed by a price cut?
The kind Sony think their selling their PS3 too
Old 19th Jul 2007, 18:36   #20
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Analysts are predicting that once the 60GB model is sold out, Sony will drop the price of the 80GB SKU to $499 and possibly release a 120GB SKU for the $599 price point. We'll see if that happens, but the analysts have been right about Sony in the past.

And no, I have no idea what this has to do with Europe and the UK.