bit-tech.net

Old 19th Jul 2007, 21:18   #1
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
[07/07] le pétale

Old 19th Jul 2007, 21:42   #2
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow.
How?
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 22:20   #3
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyan
ditto

Last edited by jezmck; 19th Jul 2007 at 22:37. Reason: clarification
jezmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2007, 22:25   #4
yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks guys.
Old 19th Jul 2007, 23:04   #5
hughwi
Ultramodder

hughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for president
thats one waxy flower! looks really amazing, nice close up there yoda
Old 19th Jul 2007, 23:09   #6
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
Thanks guys.

Any chance you can give us your secret? How did you do this one?
Old 19th Jul 2007, 23:23   #7
yodasarmpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed_fury View Post
Any chance you can give us your secret? How did you do this one?
Not really a lot to this one, I picked the flower from the garden and brought it inside.
The flower is held up with a croc clip to the stem, I used a black card for the background (placed about 1' behind) and sprayed the flower with water (one of those bottles you get window cleaner in).
Shutter speed was about 1/200th, I then took several test shots at various apertures until I got the right amount of focus, ohh and used the flash to highlight the water droplets.

Some levels adjustment, a slight tweak of colour balance and unmask sharp in PS.
Old 19th Jul 2007, 23:29   #8
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Do you use the standard flash or?
Old 19th Jul 2007, 23:32   #9
yodasarmpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed_fury View Post
Do you use the standard flash or?
Just the onboard flash, with the camera in manual mode.
Old 20th Jul 2007, 01:29   #10
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
Just the onboard flash, with the camera in manual mode.

Aye, I tend to use manual over aperture and shutter priority too.
Sorry, I was just a bit curious
Old 20th Jul 2007, 01:34   #11
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hmm, yeah, not bad, but I bet you couldn't put a Fruit Pastille etc, etc..
Old 20th Jul 2007, 02:22   #12
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Great shot yoda, I love the water droplets - it creates a really nice texture (oh god, I'm sounding like such a ponce now).
Old 20th Jul 2007, 04:35   #13
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The way you've highlighted the water droplets creates an interesting trompe l'oeil. I get the impression of frost, and the petals feel prickly, almost sharp - especially toward the base of the rose. When coupled with the harsh lighting (no soft shadow here), it creates an atypical rose photo.

I like the fact that you've avoided the temptation to create a soft rose. It's different. My only real nitpick would be the bottom leaf. I wish the tip hadn't been cropped.

-monkey
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2007, 06:54   #14
mattthegamer463
Mod Master

mattthegamer463 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm so trying this, that picture is absolutely incredible.

POTM entry I'm assuming?
Lian-Li PC7: C2D E6600, XFX 8800GTS 640MB, Corsair 2GB PC6400, 320GB Seagate Barracuda, EVGA 680i SLi, OCZ 850W
mattthegamer463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2007, 09:26   #15
yodasarmpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegamer463 View Post
POTM entry I'm assuming?
Yeah.

Tags
potm