1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony gives universities PSP SDK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 25 Jul 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

At huddersfield uni they programmed gameboy & DS games, but there main focus high end platforms. but nintendo make developing for the DS easy as they dont charge you for letting you develop your own apps/games/etc... they want you to develop software

charging developers to make games for your platform is wrong, it should be the other way around. if this is sony business sense, no wonder the PS3 looks like going down the pan! I mean who pays PC game developers other that the customer!?!

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They use GP2X at our uni, dual core systems :D

4. z3rb

z3rb +4 str +4 stam

I hope someone leaks it, so we can have more advanced homebrew ala Xbox.

5. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

They already cracked the mystery about Playstation 2 and how to make real applications (read: games) instead of something that ran on top of Sony's own crippled PS2 Linux. If this PSP SDK is leaked I'll bet Sony will be very angry being one of the biggest control freaks in the corporate world.

Having to charge a premium for the SDK is such ********. Why do they do it? To cover the development costs of the SDK itself (I know it takes time and resources to design compilers and write documentation and such). Even so offering it for free will help bring more content for the device onto the market. If they are afraid of seeing tons of rubbish games because it didn't come from a professional development studio, that is nonsense too as we have seen lots of indecent games from these studios as well.

They could at least just sell the official signing toolkit (so you don't need cracked firmware) and the documentation so people could use their own compilers and open-source libraries for a cheaper price.

Tags: Add Tags