bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Jul 2007, 16:51   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Mozilla to put Thunderbird out to pasture?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07..._to_pasture_/1

Mozilla's CEO has laid out three possible futures for Thunderbird, and is hoping that the community can choose the free email client's fate.

Old 27th Jul 2007, 16:56   #2
Spacecowboy92
Gettin' Lazy

Spacecowboy92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Intrested to see what happens. I use thunderbird and would go for option three as long as people will support it.
Old 27th Jul 2007, 17:09   #3
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh FFS. I too have only *just* switched - I pray this isn't true / nothing changes
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2007, 17:13   #4
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope they support it better. the differences between Windows Thunderbird and *nix thunderbird is HUGE.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2007, 17:16   #5
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pope
Oh FFS. I too have only *just* switched - I pray this isn't true / nothing changes
ROFL
Old 27th Jul 2007, 17:22   #6
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pope View Post
GEEEEEEEEMAAAIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
RTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2007, 17:26   #7
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Would be sad if TB dies as its my favourite client. Support has been a bit laggy but with v.2 it became better. I hope for the best!
antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2007, 17:29   #8
pumpman
Ultramodder

pumpman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"beavis and butthead snigger " you prefer a number 2

I use TB and like it.
Old 27th Jul 2007, 18:00   #9
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pope
Poor Jerry.
Old 27th Jul 2007, 18:36   #10
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It better not die, that's all I can say. I can't really use it as a substitute for Mail.app on my Mac (well, maybe I can now since I got IMAP set up) due to syncing with my iPhone and address book, but I love it as a Windows mail client.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2007, 18:45   #11
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
there are a lot of people that use this..... they will be very sad.
Old 27th Jul 2007, 19:26   #12
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love the way I can use the same profile on my Windows machine and my Linux box at the same time

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2007, 20:32   #13
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've been using Thunderbird for so much time... I love it so very very much!

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2007, 21:48   #14
David_Fitzy
Multimodder

David_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDavid_Fitzy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
1 Vote for option 3. I've used it ever since I got Firefox v1 and saw the Thunderbird link. I hate to think that Thunderbird dies while 3D Mail lives on. (in posting this I've discovered that firefox spell check doesn't have firefox or thunderbird in it's dictionary)

Athlon XP2400+ | Generic FX5200 | SOYO Platinum Dragon Ultra | 1GB Crucial Ram | Maxtor PATA 7200 HDDs: 2x40Gb (RAID0), 2x200Gb(RAID0) | Jeantech Phong case | Black DVD-everything | Black Skythe Kama-meter | dreaded blue LED fans (didn't read the description properly)

At least it's all one colour scheme now
David_Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2007, 23:56   #15
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird for ages. It took me long enough to convince my parents to stop using Outlook and use Thunderbird, and now Mozilla are doing this to me/us?

Personally, I'm the same with Joe; I too would go with option 2. Why can't Mozilla just focus on both projects? Two products of equal importance?
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2007, 16:05   #16
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Xen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You're all going on as though thunderbird is going to stop working overnight, like a giant killswitch. Cheer up .

World of Tanks profile
Xen0phobiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2007, 18:35   #17
completemadness
Hypermodder

completemadness has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ive been using thunderbird for about 4 months now i think, after switching from outlook

I do quite like it, probably more then Outlook, but why has it received so little attention :'(
completemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2007, 19:39   #18
Hack'n'Slash
Multimodder

Hack'n'Slash has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol, I'm still using version 1.0.7, I think it might be time to update.

I guess that even if it does die a death, the last release will still last me a fair while. It would be a great shame if it did though, it's the only mail client I've used (and recommended) in many years.
Hack'n'Slash is offline   Reply With Quote