bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Jul 2007, 12:09   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Spotswood Drum PC case mod on sale

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07..._mod_on_sale/1

The Spotswood Drum case mod finally goes on sale, boasting better cooling, elimination of hot-spots and a custom finished wooden exterior.

Old 30th Jul 2007, 12:25   #2
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
The case is also designed with modders in mind
A pre-modded case is not made with modders in mind, it is meant for lazy people (like me) who want a case to look like it has been modded.
Old 30th Jul 2007, 12:37   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
...but it's also begging for a personal touch from a paint brush, air bursh or dremel.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2007, 12:59   #4
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I quite don't like it. It looks... weird. The only round design for a PC case I ever liked was that Lian-Li shell/spiral case.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2007, 13:43   #5
iwog
Linux cursed

iwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremeliwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremeliwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[ot] off topic question but do you guys at bit-tech use the forums as a source of info? As a hour after i post a link to this site in the forum it appears as a news story here. Or did you have this one brewing for a while? [/ot]

Blag on the Intertubes
iwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2007, 13:54   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well, we do occasionally overlap - but we actually spotted the story before we read the post on this occasion. That's how it ussually happens, but if you want to make sure we get the tip (and get credited in the story, have your name on the front page) then just email it to someone - ussually myself at Joe.Martin@bit-tech.net

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 30th Jul 2007, 13:58   #7
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Erm. Yeah. That case is not going to cause any resonance vibrations at all. :/
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2007, 16:45   #8
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Seen the restrictions on the case?

Quote:
* When installing a full-size ATX motherboard, the standard PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports are not accessible in this case. Therefore, the use of a USB mouse and keyboard is required (easily plugged into the front USB ports).

** An ATI CrossFire dongle/cable may not fit in the L-20 case.

*** In order to install long (10.5") graphics cards, 0 (none) 5.25" and 1 external slimline/notebook optical drive must be installed.

**** Case does not ship with covers for empty 5.25" drive bays
http://www.spotswoodcustomcomputers....ifications.php
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2007, 18:57   #9
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Does it work as a real drum? Please tell me I can kick out some double-bass Slayer esque rolls on it?
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2007, 19:27   #10
Tomm
I also ride trials :¨)

Tomm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't get it. It says it's quiet but aren't drums supposed to be loud?!
Old 30th Jul 2007, 20:59   #11
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul View Post
Does it work as a real drum? Please tell me I can kick out some double-bass Slayer esque rolls on it?
Normal bit-tech readers: No, we wouldn't recommend kicking it.
You, Ben: Kick it, it won't hurt your graphics card at all. Promise.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 30th Jul 2007, 23:17   #12
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Spotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
First off, thanks for the write-up bit-tech!

We offer a couple of case sizes. The L-18 model, pictured above, only accepts a single slimline/notebook size CD/DVD optical drive. While our L-20 model can accommodate 1 or 2 standard 5.25" optical drives.

Nexxo and Tomm...Our cases are quiet because they have so much hardware attached to them. In music terms, they're "bricks."

To all...Please feel free to pm or email me directly if you have any further questions/comments.

Cheers,
Rich