bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st Jul 2007, 09:14   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Cooler Master PSU warranty now 5 years

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/07...psu_warranty/1

Cooler Master has increased its warranty on PSU's from an industry average two, to a massive five years. Will the rest of the industry follow suit?

Old 31st Jul 2007, 16:34   #2
devdevil85
Hypermodder

devdevil85 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Honestly, every PSU needs this warranty standard because it's almost expected (especially when you leave your PC on at night) that it will give you problems within the last 3-5 years and you'll probably have to spend another $75-$X to get yourself another decent name-brand PSU once it gives out during the last 4-5.....so I feel like Cooler Master made a good decision here to set themselves out from the rest of the pack.....I personally own a 450W Cooler Master so...I'm happy
devdevil85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2007, 17:07   #3
Silver Shamrock
Banned

Silver Shamrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nothing new. Corsair PSU's have a 5 year warranty.
Silver Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2007, 17:11   #4
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Antec have a 5yr warranty on their Premium stuff

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2007, 17:25   #5
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
5 years.... sounds good... but the only person i know that doesnt exchange the computer regularly is my grandmother.... and honestly... she doesnt have a clue what a psu even is....

personally, i've never had any computer component for 5 years... but well, its still a good thing, in case someone actually really never upgrades.
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2007, 18:21   #6
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Does the warranty affect PSUs purchased from now onwards, or will it also include those purchased earlier (for example in June)?

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2007, 18:32   #7
devdevil85
Hypermodder

devdevil85 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
/\ I would expect it to be for those already purchased and from now onwards.....
devdevil85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2007, 19:08   #8
EmJay
Supermodder

EmJay has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I handle RMAs for a small system integrator, so longer warranties are always good in my book. PSUs aren't the biggest worry, though - we RMA five times as many motherboards as anything else.
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2007, 19:15   #9
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
well that is good for the average consumer
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2007, 20:19   #10
Silver Shamrock
Banned

Silver Shamrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
I handle RMAs for a small system integrator, so longer warranties are always good in my book. PSUs aren't the biggest worry, though - we RMA five times as many motherboards as anything else.
Doesn't suprise me tbh. I had to buy 3 recently to get one that worked longer than a week.
Silver Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 16:21   #11
MilkMan5
Yeah man...

MilkMan5 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Personally I think 5 years is too much for warranty.
I really think 3 years is good enough.

All CoolerMaster is doing is following the trend, nothing special or new for that matter.

I just don’t see the benefits of having a 5-year warranty PSU.

Technology changes so much and so quickly.
I can promise you that I will not have the same hardware in 5 years time.

So really, will this make me go and buy a Cooler Master PSU because it offers me 5 years – No wayyyy

I buy a product because I like it or because it performs well etc…
As long as I get a decent warranty with it (2~3 years) then I’m happy.