bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 1st Aug 2007, 10:12   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Things to do with an old NES

http://www.diylife.com/2007/07/31/br...c-nes-console/

Personally I never owned a NES, but I know a lot of you may have done and a lot of you are good with a dremel, so check out how to mod the NES into an alarm clock or wallet and post ideas and retro memories below.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2007, 17:24   #2
Amon
inch-perfect

Amon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No thanks. I'll just slam in my cryptic Final Fantasy cartidge. ZERO LOAD TIMES. Now THAT was console gaming...
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2007, 17:53   #3
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
No thanks. I'll just slam in my cryptic Final Fantasy cartidge. ZERO LOAD TIMES. Now THAT was console gaming...
hahahahaha. Now, ain't that the friggin' truth!

Yeah, I love the misc. mods of the ole' NES you see around occasionally, although being an oldschool gamer I almost cringe sometimes seeing the things (read: IMO almost blasphemous) to that milestone. Don't get me wrong.... there are quite a few cool mods done with those things, and I can appreciate good quality craftsmanship as much as any other fellow modder.
LilyPC - in progress • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumi่re Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2007, 19:10   #4
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why not use an old NES and convert it into a novelty condom dispencer
Old 1st Aug 2007, 19:52   #5
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
hahahaha.

It's a game system. And an old one at that. I don't think ones around it would have the use for condoms.

I'm kidding! sheesh.
LilyPC - in progress • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumi่re Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
Old 1st Aug 2007, 20:51   #6
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
The best thing to do with a NES is to play NES games, period.

Oh and the really BEST thing to do with a NES is to play MegaMan III
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2007, 21:20   #7
themax
Ultramodder

themax has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I miss the old Final Fantasy, I think I have my cartridge somewhere in storage. Anywhos. Gut the thing, drop in a hardrive loaded with old Nintendo game music, maybe mod the case with a clear one and some alternating colored leds and turn it into a Nintendo jukebox or something haha.
themax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2007, 23:30   #8
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Do NES games still work?? I ask because I remember having to keep blowing on my carts to get them to work after they got worna nd dusty. There were some cool games.
Old 1st Aug 2007, 23:34   #9
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeuk2004 View Post
Do NES games still work?? I ask because I remember having to keep blowing on my carts to get them to work after they got worna nd dusty. There were some cool games.
Yup, still work! Of course, depends on the condition/care the thing was in in the first place. Yeah, the old 'blow along the pins' trick. Worked 90% of the time, from what I remember as a kid. I just clean it with a solution now.
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 00:31   #10
Amon
inch-perfect

Amon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The battery used to save game data (i.e. Final Fantasy) dies over time. I've lost my save a few times once in a while. But sh*t, I can't complain about no senseless love story, cut scenes, or load times. I have all the Marios as well as Duck Hunt and like 4 guns! So many games...

I also have this decrepit Final Fantasy world map from 1991 or something--it's all taped up.
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 00:42   #11
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
8 and 16bit gaming days are the golden ones
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2007, 16:19   #12
severedhead
Ultramodder

severedhead has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OMG I want a NES alarm clock!

/looks on Ebay for broken NES's.
severedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2007, 13:17   #13
jl8080
Minimodder

jl8080 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I had a NES but I sold it to my neighbour for a tenner. I really regret selling it now. I had Duckhunt and the gun Really want to play FF now
jl8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2007, 06:36   #14
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't think I could bring myself to ever deface a NES, I have sooo many happy memories of playing classics of Duck Hunt, all the super Mario's, castlevania on that lil ol grey box that it would be like defacing my childhood.

I really want to get my hands on an old NES again.....
Old 9th Aug 2007, 01:13   #15
Gooey_GUI
Wanted: Red Shirts

Gooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have an old NES,

an older Atari,

some Commodore 64's and a Commodore 128.

Have tons of games, but never really play them.

eBay!
Vote for bit-tech today!
Gooey_GUI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
retro