bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Aug 2007, 16:48   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Faulty HD 2000-series graphics cards on the loose

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/08...on_the_loose/1

AMD has revealed that there was a fault in some of its HD 2000-series qualification software, leading to faulty cards appearing in the market.

Old 2nd Aug 2007, 17:15   #2
eek
CAMRA ***.

eek has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've only just ordered a HD2600 XT for delivery tomorrow! I hope mines not faulty, is there anyway of telling? Will it just not work at all?
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 17:42   #3
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
It probably won't work at all, but I can't confirm that for definite.
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 14:23   #4
completemadness
Hypermodder

completemadness has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
its good to know the validation software wasnt validated <_<
completemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 15:55   #5
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
I think what Tim means is that IF it's a "faulty" card then he thinks the fault will manifest itself as the card just not working at all - it's not like it will be "only a little flakey".

Whomever you ordered it from should probably be already aware of the issue and sort you out with a replacement (if not, let us know and we'll send The Boys around)
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2007, 11:08   #6
eek
CAMRA ***.

eek has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well I installed it, it all seemed alright (i.e. it booted into windows). First thing I did was to try to install the drivers from the CD and it blue screened halfway through... now all it does is post and can't get to the windows loading screen!! Time to post in tech support!!

On a side note, I ordered it through Scan, free postage cheesecake!
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2007, 00:41   #7
Tyinsar
6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.
False Alarm: Defective Radeon Report "Completely Untrue"

Saw this yesterday: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8374