bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Aug 2007, 16:17   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
MSI X38 mobo to have many new features

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/08..._of_features/1

The MSI X38 Diamond is arriving next month will have tons of features in its flagship product, including a revised liquid Circu-Pipe heatpipe arrangement.

Old 17th Aug 2007, 16:22   #2
Mister_Tad
Serious about coffee

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
leet cooling is always nice, as is the inclusion of both DDR2 and DDR3 slots, but that layout is a bit pointless :/
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2007, 16:55   #3
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
this kind of remembers me of those awful memory transition mobos, they were crap with both memories........
Old 17th Aug 2007, 16:56   #4
Mister_Tad
Serious about coffee

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Being an MSI Diamond series board I would expect that it should be a pretty decent board

Usually the "transition" boards are made by relatively off-brands
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2007, 17:17   #5
WildTangent
Minimodder

WildTangent has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What's the point of all the PCI-E x16 ports, and only one PCI port?! :\ Wouldn't be so bad if device manufacturers would finally move on to PCI-E. And also, are there any pics of the I/O panel at the back?
Old 17th Aug 2007, 17:34   #6
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So uhm... why only two SATA?
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2007, 17:39   #7
Johnny Bravo
Minimodder

Johnny Bravo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
as stated there are four missing SATA ports on the board
Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2007, 18:01   #8
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTangent View Post
And also, are there any pics of the I/O panel at the back?
Nope, none that we can publish, but I've told you what's on the rear I/O
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2007, 18:26   #9
WildTangent
Minimodder

WildTangent has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Nope, none that we can publish, but I've told you what's on the rear I/O
Yes, but I'm interested in how they're laying it out. Oh well, guess I'll have to be patient and wait for more pics
Old 17th Aug 2007, 18:44   #10
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Ah, PS2, Firewire, two eSATA and S/PDIF with four USB above like the P35 Platinum we reviewed, then four more USB each with two RJ45 above and finally 6 3.5mm audio jacks.
Old 17th Aug 2007, 20:11   #11
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I dont mind the layout at all, it's pretty clean although I see issues with the IDE port and my reservoir.

Having an Nvidia GPU with the intension of going SLi I will be waiting for Nvidia's response.
Old 17th Aug 2007, 21:24   #12
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
2 SATAs and 1 PCI? O.o
Old 17th Aug 2007, 21:34   #13
cosmic
Supermodder

cosmic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854 View Post
2 SATAs and 1 PCI? O.o
Yes - its the new standard, your now only allowed a single hard drive and burner for environmental reasons.
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2007, 21:46   #14
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's just silly, why has there been an increase upto now with the SATA ports, and now it drops?

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2007, 21:53   #15
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA
We'll leave you with what we believe is the first image of MSI's X38 Diamond motherboard to hit the 'net, but please bear in mind that this obviously isn't the final cooling solution. Instead, it'll have the aforementioned Circu-Pipe Liquid cooler which will cover the PWMs too. The board is also missing the four extra SATA ports down on the bottom right where you can see the solder points ready for them.
Old 17th Aug 2007, 22:19   #16
Woodstock
So Say We All

Woodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming Saiyan
do i count 6 dimm slots? 4 DDR2 and 2 DDR3 or other way round?
Old 18th Aug 2007, 01:17   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

4 DDR3. 2 DDR2
Old 20th Aug 2007, 04:00   #18
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA
We'll leave you with what we believe is the first image of MSI's X38 Diamond motherboard to hit the 'net, but please bear in mind that this obviously isn't the final cooling solution. Instead, it'll have the aforementioned Circu-Pipe Liquid cooler which will cover the PWMs too. The board is also missing the four extra SATA ports down on the bottom right where you can see the solder points ready for them.

people should start reading articles first before judging the pictures
Old 28th Aug 2007, 17:23   #19
iwog
Linux cursed

iwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremeliwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremeliwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzophoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA

people should start reading articles first before judging the pictures
but they're just so pretifuls we can help but marvel at them and ignore the words. Plus a picture says a 1000 words so there's actually more info in the picture than the article :P

Blag on the Intertubes
iwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2007, 17:26   #20
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwog View Post
but they're just so pretifuls we can help but marvel at them and ignore the words. Plus a picture says a 1000 words so there's actually more info in the picture than the article :P
We chose to make the words that are there very important though. Think of the extra 1000 words in the picture as supplementary.