1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Wolf King Warrior

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That looks like a pretty good gadget tbh. The only problem is giving up some desk real-estate to it... :D

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I think this is a great product, I have a problem playing fps where I can't get comfortable with the my arms so far apart (keyboard length). Looks like this will allow more space for the mouse since you can move the standard keyboard out of the way.

4. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Would be nice to see how it works in a game like WoW or C&C as shortcuts over buttons can help improve your gameplay too.
    And why only 7 points in features? What else would it need to get a higher score?

Anyway good article (as usual) :)

5. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

Ive got the full keyboard version of this... the original Wolf Claw keyboard, and i will never buy another gaming keyboard again. This thing is sweet, and fits my style of gaming perfectly.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

7 is kind of the base score. Not exactly the average or default, but a recognition that the product does everything it says it does (and does it well) but doesn't include any massively important or killer features. If it does what it says on the tin and in a utterly normal way, then its a 7.

To get higher, I would have been looking for macro keys and macro recording software as a starting point, and possibly some optional software to remap the key functions etc.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

first
    typo? $25.99 = £13,1....... you brits are paying double price......i cant imagine what the rest of us in the EU are paying.....

second
    i can go up to 31 with only one hand and 1 023 with 2 hands and with fingers and toes i can go up to 1 048 575 , i love binary :D

here is some knowledge: http://www.instructables.com/id/E5LLZ6C0KNEP2866F5/ :D

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah, we usually pay double price fro stuff :(

I was considering picking up one of these and a nice ergonomic keyboard to replace my current Eclipse, they do look very good, If I ever need desk space I can just hide it away somewhere.

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I'll stick to my Microsoft keyboard and my Microsoft mouse and my Microsoft game-pad on my Linux OS for now...

10. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

looks nice, cant use it at all however as i use the mouse in my left hand, so that great space key posision is useless :)

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

if Linus Torvalds was dead he would be rolling around in his grave... :D

12. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Same here. IJKL for the win!

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It's nice to finally see a positive review of that kind of gadget (on the web in general). Those are usually completely useless and unconfortable. I am not sure if it would do the trick for UT however

14. bjrcboy

bjrcboy What's a Dremel?

In my world, Linux never existed,
    Linus Torvalds was born disfigured,
    it was too much for his parents to take,
    so they locked him in the car and then they pushed it in a lake,
    Steve Jobs was murdered by his gay lover elf,
    and I finished off Bill Gates by myself,
    if I ruled the world, your door would be unlocked,
    and i'd teach your Mom not to fear my cock,
    I'd download all my music in MP3s,
    and wouldn't fear retribution from record companies,
    movies would be free because they all suck cock,
    and I wouldn't have Armageddon bustin my block

Haha sorry made me think of that song :rock:

Oh its Futuristic Sex Robotz, "If I ruled the world"

15. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

£ -> $ is pretty common - sadly

16. evilgreenie

evilgreenie Standby for Main Engine Burn

Interesting review! I've used Nostromo speedpads for years for FPS but I'm now looking for a replacement - the nostromo's seem to wear out too quickly & the key action goes. I was looking at the Wolf, but I wonder how useful 51 buttons are in FPS.

Bit-tech got any plans to review the Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit??

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Damn it Joe you got me playing Emergence again and now I'm pissed again they canned the series :(

greenie, I think the 51 keys are more to do with the fact you've got plenty of choices for keys, people have different hand shapes so will be able to pick the keys they can reach the easiest. I find with rather complicated games like Red Orchestra that there simple isn't enough pinky finger buttons on a regular keyboard for the likes of crouch and prone, I like to be constantly moving so I don't like using the zxc buttons for things like prone, it's not so easy to quickly drop down. This is where the Warrior will come in handy I think, and this is the first gaming pad I've liked the look of, all the rest have been a bit sparse or are crappy keyboards with bits tacked on. What I like about this one is it gives you the freedom to chose which keyboard you like for primary typing needs.

I like how Wolfking weren't afraid to make their own keyboard shape instead of sticking with the standard keyboard button style that a lot of game pads do, it's not the best design really when it comes to FPSes that require much more than the WASD keys.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2007
  18. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and they also really need to change the box art....

19. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

Always wanted to try a device like this. I might have to pick one up sometime...

20. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i have a Nostromo N52 keypad that helped me on FPS immensely... but now that ive moved to LOTRO, theres just not enough buttons and now its collecting dust.....

... maybe wolfie here is the answer :)

Tags: Add Tags