bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Aug 2007, 10:51   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
BioShock Gameplay Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/...eplay_review/1

BioShock; examined, dissected and documented in all of its glory. We've split the coverage of this industry-defining game into two pieces and here's the first instalment for Xbox 360 and PC.

Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:05   #2
whisperwolf
I *am* a Dremel

whisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysis
One thing the price on your shopping comparison site for the 360 version at £26.95 from Blah is actually for the PC version, 360 version is £35.95

My Flickr
whisperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:06   #3
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As expected then, the full 10.

Nice review and it remained relatively spoiler free, though those who haven't played the demo because they are waiting for the full release may still be a little disappointed that some stuff has been revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:11   #4
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
having played the demo, i totally agree with your review.

it's simply amazing. deserve the 10/10 score.
wuyanxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:14   #5
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper View Post
As expected then, the full 10.

Nice review and it remained relatively spoiler free, though those who haven't played the demo because they are waiting for the full release may still be a little disappointed that some stuff has been revealed.
The demo touches on very little of the actual story... it's merely the training level that allows you to get accustomed to the control system and whatnot. There's so much more to the story than what's in the demo and there's so much that we haven't talked about here - we just hope we've said enough to persuade people to buy this game.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:19   #6
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've just been informed this is the perfect time for the release! I get to play on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday! Bank holidays are awesome!

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:27   #7
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Adam & Eve and Rapture, which is the name given to the event in which Jesus Christ will descend from Heaven.

Rather coincidental ain't it?

Pre-loaded game, can't wait.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:39   #8
quack
\o/

quack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's a bathysphere by the way.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:45   #9
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
how hard is it to find your way? is it like doom3 where you keep running in circles in same looking rooms all over trying to find that one door to be able to progress further?
or is it possible to actually find the way you have to take by other means than luck?

other than that... excellent review of a very promissing game...

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:57   #10
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble has yet to learn the way of the DremelRamble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd buy the game if I could run it well.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 11:59   #11
Hugo
Ultramodder

Hugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
how hard is it to find your way? is it like doom3 where you keep running in circles in same looking rooms all over trying to find that one door to be able to progress further?
or is it possible to actually find the way you have to take by other means than luck?

other than that... excellent review of a very promissing game...
A bit of both to be honest, sometimes you do find yourself wandering around looking for the next...uh... objective shall we say, but it's never as frustrating as the "Where the f*** is the yellow key" moments Doom provided

EDIT:

Personal Top 5 Games Before Bioshock:

Half Life
Half Life 2
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Thief: Deadly Shadows

Now:

Half Life
Half Life 2
Bioshock
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Old 21st Aug 2007, 12:00   #12
Hiren
mind control

Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperwolf View Post
One thing the price on your shopping comparison site for the 360 version at 26.95 from Blah is actually for the PC version, 360 version is 35.95
Thanks for, I'll get it corrected now.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 12:09   #13
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very well written review Joe, I didn't think I could get any more excited but you managed it.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 12:11   #14
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Very well written review Joe, I didn't think I could get any more excited but you managed it.
Bet you look like your avatar right now.

Including hat.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2007, 12:12   #15
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
Bet you look like your avatar right now.

Including hat.
Want to buy a coffin?
Old 21st Aug 2007, 12:13   #16
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nah, I bought a bulk load last week,

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2007, 12:59   #17
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What's really amusing about this game is that you see more vertically with a 4:3 aspect screen/res than you do at 16:10 or 16:9...

Anyway... after all the hype, I find my reaction (which puts me in the serious minority, I am sure) to be a somewhat lethargic, "Meh," to this game. Which is a pity, as I was looking forward to it.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 13:04   #18
Bl4ckM0onk3y
in luv 2.0

Bl4ckM0onk3y has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Personal Top 5 Games Before Bioshock:

Half Life
Half Life 2
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Thief: Deadly Shadows

Now:

Half Life
Half Life 2
Bioshock
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
kekeke ,

HL2 ? ;F i'm not counting this as a game, more like a tech-demo.

Deus Ex 1
HL 1
System Shock 2
Bioshock
Quake 1

these are now my fav. for FPS games , but NOT in that order , they are all equal to me.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 13:06   #19
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

I think this is better than HL2 in so many ways, but everyone has their own opinion.
Old 21st Aug 2007, 13:19   #20
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cool review, for some reason I think we all expected a 10 from Joe. I cant wait for the game and hope HMV ship early.

Im not working overtime saturay so I can play Bioshock for 3 days solid