bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Aug 2007, 11:45   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ken Levine responds to BioShock widescreen issue

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/08...screen_issue/1

BioShock widescreen cropping got you down? Well then here, help yourself to the Levine-Apology Plasmid!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 11:48   #2
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
I bet you it gets fixed in the first patch.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 11:51   #3
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Well that's astonishingly easy to fix anyway, isn't it? Just wind up the FoV angle. Probably a one-line code change.

Phil
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:07   #4
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice to see a response, hopefully he will announce that they will not be changing anything.
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:15   #5
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble has yet to learn the way of the DremelRamble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
And I thought avatars were only meant to reach 85x85. For shame.

Hopefully they'll fix the bug.
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:17   #6
K

K has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Nice to see a response, hopefully he will announce that they will not be changing anything.
That's a pretty negative reaction. It contradicts what the developers originally said about widescreen too.

A good fix would be the option to play in either FOV in widescreen, HOR+ or VERT-, it's a ridiculously simple fix either way.
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:24   #7
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting more FOV in the game but games don't make themselves and at some point there was a decision to extend vertically onto 4:3 and not to give widescreen more FOV than standard format.
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:29   #8
K

K has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting more FOV in the game but games don't make themselves and at some point there was a decision to extend vertically onto 4:3 and not to give widescreen more FOV than standard format.
Before or after they confirmed the complete opposite?
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 12:38   #9
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There is a slight typo in the article;

Quote:
Apparently, the game will display perfectly in 4:3 ration
May want remove the N on the end of ratio there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 13:12   #10
Vakuum
What's a Dremel?

Vakuum has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just hope they fix the AA issues in Vista so I can enjoy this game even more
Seems WinXp users are able to force AA on this game, but no luck for vista users as of yet in either dx10 or dx9.
Vakuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 13:34   #11
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
Quote:
Before or after they confirmed the complete opposite?
I bet the confirmation came from someone who didn't know or didn't bother to find out what the developers had or were doing.
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 14:33   #12
Silver Shamrock
Banned

Silver Shamrock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
I bet the confirmation came from someone who didn't know or didn't bother to find out what the developers had or were doing.
The confirmation came from Chris Kline, a lead programmer. This has been pointed out to you in a previous thread and even says so in the actual article itself.
Silver Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 17:28   #13
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Who cares?
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 17:56   #14
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
Who cares?
Exactly

Everyone else, Shut up and play the dam game. Id be more worried if the game is a flop than the aspect ratio.

On another note. What does FOV mean? I hate all these abbreviations.

Last edited by mikeuk2004; 22nd Aug 2007 at 18:04.
mikeuk2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 17:57   #15
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Shamrock View Post
The confirmation came from Chris Kline, a lead programmer. This has been pointed out to you in a previous thread and even says so in the actual article itself.
Yes because he has a good track record for being correct doesn't he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kline
Theres support for full scene Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering with HDR and Shader 3.0 on the newer graphics cards like the Nvidia 8000 series and the later Ati ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeuk2004 View Post
Exactly

Shut up and play the dam game. Id be more worried if the game is a flop than the aspect ratio.

On another note. What does FOV mean? I hate all these abbreviations.
Field of view
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 17:59   #16
Awoken
Gazing at the stars

Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.
FOV - Field of view probably
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 18:00   #17
Hugo.B
Supermodder

Hugo.B has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Joe martin is so Bioshocked(yes, I had to use that expression) that he's beginning to sound like a 2K rep.
Hugo.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 18:03   #18
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ah, now I get you Cheers for clearing that up.
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 18:16   #19
ElZog
Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

ElZog has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's the use of securom that is annoying me, rather than this problem which has already been fixed (a member of the 2k forums has apparently made a patch for it). I hope the anti securom patches come soon (from official or otherwise sources) as I really hate software like that when I am a legitimate owner of the game (securom limits the user to 2 installs of the game, including on the same computer if the OS is changed). Also I hear the limited edition DVD and soundtrack are really crap and many of the figurines are arriving broken.

Game should be awesome, but seriously, so many things have suddenly popped up today.
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 18:20   #20
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No, the issue has been responded to.

Basically this is what happens when you use securom.

Install Game -> Securom checks server -> Server says 0 have been installed -> Securom marks game as installed -> Servers record it as #1
Install game -> Securom checks server -> Server says 1 have been installed -> Securom marks game as installed -> Servers record it as #2
Install Game -> Securom checks server -> Server says 2 have been installed -> No more installs
Uninstall Game #1 -> Securom checks server -> Server says 2 have been installed -> Securom marks game as uninstalled -> Server goes to #1
Install on 3rd PC -> Securom checks server -> Server says 1 have been installed -> Securom marks game as installed -> Server records 2 installs

Basically it's 2 concurrent installs, you MUST uninstall the game before reformatting or upgrading hardware

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote