bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Aug 2007, 10:39   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Lord of the Rings: Online free for a week

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/08...e_for_a_week/1

Lord of the Rings: Online is now open for all players to try their hands at in 7-day free trial, Turbine announced today. See you in The Misty Mountains - I'll be the one with the sword.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2007, 11:07   #2
fwalm
Supermodder

fwalm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't buy games really unless they have both single and multiplayer, however this and the warhammer mmo is going to be added to my shelf, just not be obsessed with it like WoW players.
Old 30th Aug 2007, 12:23   #3
Darv
Bling!!

Darv has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My friend bought it to try. I think he gave it 2 days play before he uninstalled it. It was absolutely crap. The controls were rubbsih, the UI was pretty but not amazingly functional. There was also a lack of other players. I've been playing WoW for the last 6 months and it's far superior IMO.
Darv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2007, 13:01   #4
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Meh, they had to do something to get people interested in this p.o.s game, I guess.
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2007, 15:14   #5
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
<-- LOTRO addict

good game even better community

nuff said.

hey now, no need to call this game p.o.s. 2 free expansion in 2 months.... no cartoony-south-park-like design.... and no WoW fan in sight, whats not to love? lol

edit: the US version anyway, i dont kno anything about Codemaster's version of the game for our Euro counterparts....
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2007, 16:24   #6
Aankhen
Supermodder

Aankhen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OT: Your link generation is messed up, it randomly makes certain forum threads open in a new window. Please fix.
Old 30th Aug 2007, 16:34   #7
Hells_Bliss
Supermodder

Hells_Bliss has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
maybe it was the server I was in, but there were very few guilds to join resulting in the game being very boring after awhile, there's only so many times you can kill orcs by yourself, and you don't have a chance in hell of killing the elites without help...

that said, the game world is very close to the book, though scaled down a bit and there's tooooooooooooonnnnnssss of room to grow.
Old 30th Aug 2007, 22:39   #8
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Bliss View Post
maybe it was the server I was in, but there were very few guilds to join resulting in the game being very boring after awhile, there's only so many times you can kill orcs by yourself, and you don't have a chance in hell of killing the elites without help...

that said, the game world is very close to the book, though scaled down a bit and there's tooooooooooooonnnnnssss of room to grow.
my server, Nimrodel, has one of the fewer guilds being the "young" server, but now we have about 130 guilds, and at least 10 of them has 100+ members...

u cant imagine how much the game evolved in 4 months

oh, kiling elites, u can level up yknow i kill ~2-3 elites at the same time now. and my class (Champion) is the worst in survivability....

anyway. not turning this to a LOTRO game discussion thread. all i gotta say that its a great game. i wouldnt say great unless im playing it 40+hrs/week and i have a 9-5 job..

oh, and if u'r a WoW fan. look elsewhere. u wont like this game, and we wont like u either. but i do luv how WoW kiddies jump the gun and start posting in our official forums suggesting how the game should change closer to WoW... only to be shred to pieces by the LOTR lore-addicts

bye
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2007, 18:37   #9
completemadness
Hypermodder

completemadness has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It was looking interesting, until i saw the word "turbine"

After they took over, and then shut down Asheron's Call 2
I decided i would never play one of their games again, bit of a shame, but i don't want to play an MMO until they decide its not worth it and shut it down (ruining thousands of peoples games, and wasting their thousands of hours of investments)

Go to hell turbine
completemadness is offline   Reply With Quote