bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Sep 2007, 18:08   #1
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
BBC iPlayer to no longer be Windows only

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/09...windows_only/1

After an online petition signed by over 16,000 people demanded that BBC's iPlayer software was open to more systems than just Windows XP and Internet Explorer, it seems something will finally be done!

Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2007, 20:42   #2
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I got it working on vista eventually. it messed up a lot of things on uninstall and I had to use system recover (bloody excellent on vista to be honest).

I am still concerned about the p2p software of the iplayer though. I would hate to have a letter through the door saying I am being charged an extra 30 quid per month due to going over the fair usage "cap" from my ISP. If I was just a regular broadband non computer type person, I would have no idea why that would happen and probably would never suspect the BBC software.
The service needs to STOP completely when you close iplayer. as long as it stays the way it is. I am not going to touch it.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2007, 21:18   #3
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Of course they could have avoided all of this just by putting the stuff up on bittorrent.

Hard to be sympathetic when they insist on reinventing the wheel.

P
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote