bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Sep 2007, 12:58   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thunderbird gets financial wings

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/09...ancial_wings/1

The Mozilla Foundation is injecting £1.49 million into a new company that will handle the development of Thunderbird and develop other email innovations.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2007, 13:14   #2
Duste
Sierra my delta, bravo!

Duste has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I still really don't see why it couldn't have remained at Mozilla instead going to this new company. :/
Duste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2007, 13:22   #3
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
FF is handled by a subsidiary also (i think) it's probably a tax issue (dodge).
Old 19th Sep 2007, 13:49   #4
Leitchy
Supermodder

Leitchy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love Thunderbird and being using it for past 2 years or so. I reckon it handles large Mail inboxes better than Outlook, currently have over 21gig of emails in Thunderbird, and my colleague who uses Outlook with similar email sizes finds the client really really sluggish!
Leitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2007, 15:07   #5
bilbothebaggins
Multimodder

bilbothebaggins has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Use thunderbird at home and love it.
At work I have to use outlook, but I'm using TB to read newsgroups, because outlook is utter crap for that.

It's easy to just switch over to FF at work and at home, but since many people have to use Outlook at work I guess they just stick with what they're used to.
bilbothebaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2007, 15:37   #6
Anakha
Supermodder

Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
All my mailing is done through gmail, but if I was using a POP/IMAP account (IMAP for GMail? Yes please!), I'd be using TB with it.
Old 19th Sep 2007, 16:56   #7
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Some companies has their e-mail system where its unable to work with anything else other then Outlook. So employees are stuck using it.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2007, 17:28   #8
xtroid22k
What's a Dremel?

xtroid22k has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love Thunderbird

Hi,

Well, I love thunderbird. The performance is just out there. I support outlook at work and the problems we run into are just insane. I am a hardware pheme at heart so when it comes to application support; I don't enjoy it as much. I do fix it though. Also I haven't really studied thunderbird indept though but personal folders are handled much better. .pst files run the risk of corruption when you they approach 2GB, but thats part of the problem my office has; but thats another story.

Man I just love thunderbird, been using it for sometime and I would highly recomend it. Just switching your browser and e-mail client increases your computers security, les vulnerable to mal-ware, and more stable from what I have found.

Thanks
xtroid22k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2007, 18:08   #9
Spaceraver
Ultramodder

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
All my mailing is done through gmail, but if I was using a POP/IMAP account (IMAP for GMail? Yes please!), I'd be using TB with it.
GMAIL does POP..
Spaceraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2007, 20:04   #10
evilgreenie
Standby for Main Engine Burn

evilgreenie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
The Mozilla Foundation is injecting £1.49 million into a new company that will handle the development of Thunderbird and develop other email innovations.
Presumably this part of the huge wodge of money that Google "invested" in Mozilla. I'm still concerned that Thunderbird has been spun off into separate company.. Anyone else thinking "So long and thanks for all the fish"
Old 19th Sep 2007, 22:59   #11
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
In the end I just use Evolution.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2007, 03:20   #12
speedfreek
Ultramodder

speedfreek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The spinoff worrys me little. I would like to use Thunderbird to sync with my smartphone however.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote