1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pet peeves

Discussion in 'General' started by Sinnka, 28 Sep 2007.

1. Sinnka

Sinnka What's a Dremel?

Hi! Suddenly I've become interested in one question. What is your biggest pet peeves? As for me, I don't like rudeness concerning servers, when clients think that if they pay money, they can do everything with waiters or serving personnel. What about you?

2. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

Public toilet doors you have to pull to open when leaving toilets! Why after i've washed my hands do i have to touch something that people touch without washing their hands!

People who drive at 40MPH through a 60 zone, the continue to do 40 when they go through a 30...

People that come out of shops onto a busy pavement and then stop meaning everybody has to walk round them.

People that park shopping trollys in the middle of the aisle whilst they stand around with their fingers up their backsides!#

And many, many, many more...

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Don't let wireframe in here! It would cripple the servers!

I don't like people putting their feet on my beanbag when I'm sitting in it. Oh and I can't stand people who give out advice for things they suck at.

You should probably get those people sectioned :p

4. naokaji

naokaji whatever

oh yes.. thats so much fun... random person comes out of store, opens the 3 bags, examines what was bought, reorganizes the bags... put them down, takes out the mobile, calls someone to talk some crap, hangs up, lights a cigarette, smokes half the cigarette, then finally walks away and that all while blocking half the way....

5. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

I hate that too, and it's amazing how many people actually do it.

I also hate drivers that don't indicate, especially at roundabouts. It is just so ****ing lazy.

I was going to add more but there's just too many to list!

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Don't get me started...

7. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

people typing in bold ;)

pretty much any thing you can think of it'll bug me... you know i don't think i'm very tolerent :worried:

8. alastor

alastor Minimodder

People spelling lose wrong...IT'S NOT LOOSE ARRRGH

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

As a cyclist, I hate a lot of things that drivers do. (and I'm sure people hate me at times)
    For example, Mr Chav in your shittied out 'modded' Fiat Punto, when overtaking, you give me space. If your wing mirror is close enough to touch me, you are TOO ****ING CLOSE! There is a whole free lane. Use it.

10. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Someone once overtook me on a freakin roundabout and then cut me up as he turned off. I almost went into the side of him. For punishment I kicked in his rear wheel arch, left a huge dent and then banged on his window just to make sure he knew it was me who did it. Cheeky **** started to pull over and then he must have realised what he'd done so quickly drove off. I was so up for a fight with all that adrenalin.

11. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

people who type your instead of you're. People who type in txt tlk on a forum, but-tech's surprise word alert thingy, the fact that I get really confused spelling benifit/benefit, all the red states, all the blue states, everything in the world, everything in the universe, everything past, present and future, EVERYTHING EVER!

Oh, and Hughe Jackman

p.s. I seem to have stolen some of this rant from scrubs.

12. RTT

RTT #parp

people who write entire posts in bold ;)

13. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

"t.eh" instead of the.

14. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

Cyclists.

15. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

People leaving dirty dishes in the sink/washingup bowl. How am I supposed to do any washing up when the sink is full of stuff already!

16. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Dirty Humans
    "Most of the cells in your body are not your own, nor are they even human. They are bacterial. From the invisible strands of fungi waiting to sprout between our toes, to the kilogram of bacterial matter in our guts, we are best viewed as walking "superorganisms," highly complex conglomerations of human cells, bacteria, fungi and viruses"
    I shouldn't worry about that toilet door.;)

Pet hates......middle lane road hogs (when there's no damn cars on the inside lane!!!!!) grrrrrr
    Feel better now

17. RTT

RTT #parp

Yeah. This annoyed the tits off me at uni.

18. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

My roommate and I found the perfect solution for that, we stack the other roommates dirty crap in front of his door at night :)
    We did it twice total, now he always cleans his dishes after using them :D

19. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

People not replying to messages quick enough especially texts
    Sitting beside smelly people
    Grammer nazis
    Ringtones
    Last few minutes work dragging
    When you run out of beer at a crap party

20. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Personally I ****ing loath waiters who think that because they get paid a shitty wage they have the right to treat the customer like **** and that it's ok to put crap in a customer's food or otherwise do something horrible to them just because that customer isn't having a good day or doesn't tip to the waiter's satisfaction. Grow some god damn backbone and accept that you're hired to do a job, if you don't like it, quit - otherwise do your job and stop taking such a power trip just because you can spit in someones food and then laugh about it later.

(that's not directed at you per se Sinnka)

I also hate the term "server" being used in place of waiters.

Also, old people. My patented angry-face generally makes most people get out of my way. This I like, for I always walk around twice the speed of regular vanilla flavour humanoids. Old people seem to feel it's their mission to get in my way though. God I hate that. Also, people who stand with their friends or compadres blocking the entire length of an escalator so no-one can get past from behind, or people who walk up side by side on stairs and aren't aware enough to let people behind through. Stand on the left, walk on the right, ****tards.

Also: Slow people, rude people, ugly people, fat people, ugly fat people, stupid people, anyone who tries to talk to me when I'm doing college work, people who talk on mobile phones in the library, anyone who takes more then about 8 or 9 items to a quick checkout, anyone who even contemplates paying at a quick checkout with anything other than a chip'n'pin card or any denomination of money that isn't either exactly the cost of their items or a large notes, people who steal grapes from bags of grapes that I'm going to buy (they're my grapes thiefs, and I want them), hippies, facists, commies, anyone with any political views that aren't mine, people in adverts, and myself.

Also pretty much everything that's been mentioned in this thread. I'll add more as soon as I find some more vitriol.

Fun fact: Copper (II) Sulphate used to be called "Blue Vitriol", because you could, through a series of methods, turn it into sulphuric acid, a.k.a. regular vitriol. It was so named because the crystals are lovely blue things. Quite burny though.