bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 5th Oct 2007, 11:13   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ken Levine didn't want BioShock endings

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/10...hock_endings/1

In a recent interview Ken Levine has admitted that the multiple endings to BioShock weren't his idea and that he didn't want to do them. So, just what did he have in mind?

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2007, 12:42   #2
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
i was very disapointed in the endings and would have preferred something a little more artistic
two minutes worth of video of little girls jumping on the baddy regardles of what you did then adding pictures of you either holding their hand or jumping on a sub is just not good enough
Old 5th Oct 2007, 12:48   #3
Carbon_Arc
Minimodder

Carbon_Arc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was disappointed with getting the 'bad' ending first time round, it seemed that you didn't have to stray to far from the path of the righteous to be stuck with a 'you are an evil so-and-so' ending.

Still, it was a bit more satisfying then the ending of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and it was encouragement to play thorough it again to see the other outcome.

I did expect better from Bioshock though, the ending felt a rather like a token gesture, and i felt that the outcome didn't match the spirit in which i was playing the game.
Old 5th Oct 2007, 12:51   #4
Cobalt
Supermodder

Cobalt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Oh, like the Fallout games then? Sorry Ken, but it's already been done. Fallout 2 perfected the idea of branching endings long before BioShock was a twinkle in your eye.
That sounds a little harsh. Why does it matter that fallout did it before if it is a better system? He didn't claim it was an original idea, at least not in the extract you have in your article.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2007, 13:15   #5
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
well. when you think about it, in a sence one ending would have been the right choice.

See, the big problem is moral...

Am i a bad person to molester a ingame child? Do others see me as a sick child sucking monster when i will choose the "bad" option. Or do people find me soft, a whimp, gay when choosing the "helping" option. A good person (like me) will choose the "helping" option. But if i see, for example, my brother choose the "bad" option and beat the crap out of little girls without even a wink. Does this mean he is a bad person?

food for deeper thoughts..
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2007, 13:37   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
That sounds a little harsh. Why does it matter that fallout did it before if it is a better system? He didn't claim it was an original idea, at least not in the extract you have in your article.
Just poking fun, no offense intended to him. Levine is a hero of mine!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2007, 16:27   #7
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...ation-BioShock