bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Oct 2007, 11:47   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Kane and Lynch hands-on preview

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/...nch_hands-on/1

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, from the developers of Hitman, is a gritty and bleak tale of ransom and kidnap. Whether or not it's any good remains to be seen though, so we go hands-on to find out. Check out our brand new screenshots!

Old 6th Oct 2007, 12:50   #2
mrb_no1
Pie Eater

mrb_no1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think this game looks pretty cool, i like the style of it and the marketing peeps have certainly done their work, the website looks awesome IMHO and the screenshots look good too. I reckon i'll probably be getting a hold of this come release time as i enjoyed the hitman series too.

the idea of having one of the characters blackout is a nice idea, certainly make the game alot harder if its related to the intensity of fighting when suddenly your comrad is lying on the floorwhen he's ment to be covering the flank or something, guess we'll just have to play it and see what the final verison is like.

peace

fatman
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3600Mhz Asus Maximus II Formula ATI Radeon 4890 (1000Mhz Core + 1200Mhz Mem OC) 2x2G Corsair Dom. PC 8500 @ 1080Mhz Aquacomputer WC Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty 150G Raptor, 2x1500 + 1x750 + 2x500 Seagate (SATA2) Pioneer DVD burner Lian Li - PC 73SL Aluminium Silent Server Case Dell 2007WFP 20" Widescreen Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers Sennheiser HD270
mrb_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2007, 14:14   #3
Bungle
Rainbow Warrior

Bungle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not to be picky, but no where does the preview say what format this is going to be on. Pc/Console all of the above? Nice preview otherthan that
Old 6th Oct 2007, 14:43   #4
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Not to be picky, but no where does the preview say what format this is going to be on. Pc/Console all of the above? Nice preview otherthan that
My bad! Kane and Lynch will be on PC, 360 and PS3. On PC it will be under the Games For Windows label, but my preview was based on the 360 version.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2007, 10:11   #5
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you decide that Lynch is too much of a liability, can you just leave him dead?
Old 7th Oct 2007, 11:27   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Lol, I don't think so. The story is built around the pair of them and if Lynch died then I think the Seven would finish you off. Other gang members can fall by the wayside, but Kane and Lynch themselves are plot-pivotal.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 7th Oct 2007, 12:20   #7
Kipman725
When did I get a custom title!?!

Kipman725 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If the pc verison has co-op over network I will be very tempted.
Kipman725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2007, 13:57   #8
TheVoice
Multimodder

TheVoice has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking forward to this one. If it has the same style and attention to detail as the Hitman games have (without just coming across as Hitman without 47 in it), it'll be very good indeed.
TheVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2007, 02:29   #9
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
what?? that was too short!! lol

nice review. i want this game for sure. for me, game = immersion. games like this and/or hitman is closest to reality than orcs or alien monsters....
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2007, 12:22   #10
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Is there a page missing from the article? The navigation seems to go from a description of the game to the comments section. There does not seem to be much of what you thought of the game Joe?
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2007, 12:31   #11
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Nope - sorry. I could have extrapolated more but my hands-on was fairly short by my standards and I didn't want to make/repeat baseless thoughts.

I'll try and make my previews more rounded in the future. Theres an assassins creed preview coming up which should be more in-depth.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 8th Oct 2007, 12:48   #12
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Thanks for the reply Joe.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 09:56   #13
Woodstock
So Say We All

Woodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming Saiyan
looks cool, any idea of a release date?