bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Oct 2007, 09:57   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gears of War art head to make Thundercats Movie

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/10...ercats_movie/1

The art director of Gears of War has now been announced as the director for a new Thundercats movie.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 10:10   #2
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hmmmm! if they make it using cell shading then i can see it working and keeping with the cartoon style, as seen in team fortress. but it they make it look like any disney/pixar film then its not going to do it for me.
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 10:21   #3
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It'll probably be more like the CGI in the new animated Iron Man / Ultimate Avengers movies. Clip

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk

Last edited by Blademrk; 11th Oct 2007 at 10:27. Reason: added clip of Ultimate Avengers
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 10:24   #4
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
what cats?

never heard of them
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 10:31   #5
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwan
what cats?

never heard of them
ROFL
Old 11th Oct 2007, 10:39   #6
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
Man, I really wish they'd leave old TV shows in the past. Every time they make a new movie (Transformers, TMNT) based on an old TV show, it just ruins my nostalgia.
Old 11th Oct 2007, 11:29   #7
Buzzons
Mod Master

Buzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
/me pines for a Pinky and the brain film along side a Count Duckula film...
Buzzons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 15:14   #8
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk View Post
It'll probably be more like the CGI in the new animated Iron Man / Ultimate Avengers movies. Clip
That is Cell Shaded Animation style isn't it?

Some of Futurama (and even The Simpsons Movie) is 3D rendered as Cell Shading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzons View Post
/me pines for a Pinky and the brain film along side a Count Duckula film...
Pinky and the Brain could be great!

Last edited by jezmck; 11th Oct 2007 at 15:20.
jezmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 17:42   #9
Corvyne
What's a Dremel?

Corvyne has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've always thought the cell shaded CGI in Appleseed was particularly easy on the eye. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih2Cnr_7bn8

Personally I was a big fan of the cartoon so I hope they don't stuff this one up.
But I'd really like to see a danger mouse movie
Corvyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 18:57   #10
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
when i was a little turd, i religiously do the Thundercat sword-extend moves everytime i watch the series on TV.

nuff said.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2007, 19:21   #11
Bungle
Rainbow Warrior

Bungle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Snarf should be in lolcats.
Old 12th Oct 2007, 09:12   #12
Namusetae
Let's go get our Tinfoil hats

Namusetae has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
<3 oh mi gosh <3 this was one of my favorites when i was a kid, along with he-man of course
I am going to see this on for sure, chill out and go back to the memory lane.
Namusetae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2007, 15:55   #13
Aankhen
Supermodder

Aankhen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Considering his portfolio, if you put a gun to my head, I'd guess they're leaning towards the darker side for the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvyne View Post
I've always thought the cell shaded CGI in Appleseed was particularly easy on the eye. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih2Cnr_7bn8
I remember flipping channels and coming across that one day. The visuals mesmerised me. It was just so pretty.
Old 14th Oct 2007, 22:05   #14
Jordan Wise
Baby called to see the boss...

Jordan Wise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
HOOOOOOOOOO!

Steam ID:jordanwise
Jordan Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2007, 07:44   #15
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Wise View Post
HOOOOOOOOOO!
I lolled

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2007, 10:19   #16
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Brings back memories.... my mates surname is Lyons and when we were in school the number of times some random snot-nosed kid would look into the classroom see him and shout Ho before quickly scarpering down the corrider...

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2007, 13:20   #17
MiT
Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

MiT has yet to learn the way of the DremelMiT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I cant wait.
i5 750 // 4GB DDR3 666MHz (7-7-7-19) // Gigabyte P55M-UD4 // Titan Fenrir // Saphire Toxic ATI Radeon HD 5850 // 1.7 TB HDD // Corsair HX 520 // Fractal R2 // Mionix Naos 5000 // Logitech G110 // Razer Goliathus // Logitech 5.1 surround // Turtle Beech X41 // Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD // Win7 Home 64bit
MiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2007, 11:39   #18
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Well, at least with this one we can't complain about a a 13 rating.. Even if the guys that were 13 are now 30 something...
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jul 2008, 19:26   #19
pcgamez
If only...

pcgamez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I seriously hope they don't kill it.

Z'Beast: Asus P5Q, Overclocked Q6600 @ 3.1GHz, 4GBDDR2 @ 860mhz, 1TB Spinpoint F1, 1GB XFX 9800GX2 XXX, 21" FP241W 24"
pcgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jul 2008, 19:57   #20
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodcar View Post
Man, I really wish they'd leave old TV shows in the past. Every time they make a new movie (Transformers, TMNT) based on an old TV show, it just ruins my nostalgia.
Believe me, I know. Being a 30-something myself, my childhood is slowly being eroded away into POP (point of purchase) crap.
LilyPC V.2 - completed! • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumi่re Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote