bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 4th Nov 2008, 10:25   #1
I'm_Not_A_Monster
Hey, eat this...

I'm_Not_A_Monster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Any movies about WW2 tanks?

are there any movies about the tank divisions in WW2? something along the lines of "band of brothers" would be really cool about a squad of tanks, or even a documentary where they reenact a battle as told by a soldier in it.

i've seen ones about soldiers and ones about pilots, what ones are there about tanks?
Old 4th Nov 2008, 15:44   #2
Brett89
Ultramodder

Brett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run Crysis
Not sure about movies, but an amazing book about German tank commanders is called "Panzer Aces" I HIGHLY recommend picking it up, I've reread it about 5 times.
i7 3770 @ 4.1, Intel DZ77, eVGA GTX 970 FTW SLi, 32GB Corsair Vengeance, , Xonar D2, Samsung 850 PRO 512GB, 500, Seagate, and 500 GB, 1TB WD, Seasonic X-750, Model M 1391401, Razer Diamondback,and an Antec P182.
NETWORK: Meraki MX-64, MS220-8P AC68U
SERVER: i7-2600 DH77EB, 32GB of RAM
Brett89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2008, 16:09   #3
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't think there's any recent movies. But there is Kelly's Heroes, Sahara, and Battle of the Bulge.
Old 4th Nov 2008, 19:19   #4
iggy
Hypermodder

iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.
kelly's heroes is awesome. also, tank girl has a tank in it. not entirely sure if sahara counts as a film.
Old 4th Nov 2008, 19:27   #5
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy2k View Post
kelly's heroes is awesome. also, tank girl has a tank in it. not entirely sure if sahara counts as a film.
Sahara - the one with Humphrey Bogart.
Old 4th Nov 2008, 19:29   #6
Solidus
Superhuman

Solidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
tank fetish?
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2008, 20:05   #7
iggy
Hypermodder

iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.iggy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaeken View Post
Sahara - the one with Humphrey Bogart.
doh, i thought you meant the awfulness that was the new one.
Old 4th Nov 2008, 21:35   #8
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
^ A butchering of an absolutely excellent Clive Cussler book. IIRC he sued them over how shitty the film was.

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2008, 21:48   #9
Brett89
Ultramodder

Brett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnPedro View Post
^ A butchering of an absolutely excellent Clive Cussler book. IIRC he sued them over how shitty the film was.
Great book, horrid movie.
i7 3770 @ 4.1, Intel DZ77, eVGA GTX 970 FTW SLi, 32GB Corsair Vengeance, , Xonar D2, Samsung 850 PRO 512GB, 500, Seagate, and 500 GB, 1TB WD, Seasonic X-750, Model M 1391401, Razer Diamondback,and an Antec P182.
NETWORK: Meraki MX-64, MS220-8P AC68U
SERVER: i7-2600 DH77EB, 32GB of RAM
Brett89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2008, 22:36   #10
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Kelly's Heroes is great. My favorite tank is the Sherman. Built a styrene model of one way back when.
Old 5th Nov 2008, 01:38   #11
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Kelly's Heroes is one of the best films ever. Ridiculous, but brilliant.

The bit at the end where Oddball buys a Tiger from the German is one of the most exciting things I can think of doing with money tbh.
Old 5th Nov 2008, 02:19   #12
Gooey_GUI
Wanted: Red Shirts

Gooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
More Recent Immediately Viewable Documentaries Listed in lengthy replies #18 (Saving Private Ryan introspective video only), plethora of tank / armor / WW II video links - #33, #35, #37, #38, and #40 - #47 ] June - July 2016

Replies made in July 2016 movie recommendations - #45, #46, and #55

OP of 4th Nov, 2008 below

A Bridge Too Far
Desert Fox: The Story of Rommel
Desert Victory (1943) 7.4/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035796/
Life is Beautiful (IT: Vita è bella, La) (1997)
Tunisian Victory (1944)

Last edited by Gooey_GUI; Yesterday at 18:21.
Gooey_GUI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2008, 07:32   #13
mvagusta
Did a skid that went for two weeks.

mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Battle of the buldge is an old one, mainly shermans and panzers iirc It's a fairly old movie so it's not as realistic as more modern movies, such as blackhawk down, saving private ryan, etc but you'll probably like it if you want some tank action.
mvagusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2008, 09:56   #14
johnnyboy700
I *am* a Dremel

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't think there are any films that focus on tank battles that are on a par with Band of Brothers, the difficulty is that there are so few German tanks that are still operational. This means that film makers are forced to either use other tanks as the German armour such as Battle of the Bulge where they used M47 tanks as King Tigers (not very convincing), Kelly's Heros where they redressed a T-34 as the Tiger (quite convincing until you looked at the tracks and the running gear) or A Bridge to Far where they used the then current German MBT (Leopard 1's) with a different paint job.

I recall that in Band of Brothers they also used old current era tanks with some expert welding alterations and they were shot from flattering angles to hide the obvious differences.
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2008, 11:08   #15
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm surprised no-one has taken up making pattern-copies of them tbh.
Old 9th Nov 2008, 19:41   #16
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Battle of the bulge used a hell of a lot of Models too.
I'd like to reserve an order for one Tiger replica, Please. It would look great in the driveway. (IN the driveway because it would likely CRUSH the driveway.)