bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 29th Oct 2007, 21:49   #41
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
bar soap and a hair cut
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 21:51   #42
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I bought the lot online from Plumb World in their sales. Cheap as chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast
bar soap and a hair cut
Bar soap? Soap made from beer? Really hard soap? Soap used at a bar?
Old 29th Oct 2007, 23:51   #43
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
I feel sorry for you guys learning to ski/board on surfaces other than real snow. Colorado has two resorts open already with real snow ;P
Here in the UK we don't get snow, we get slush and I swear, before it even hits the ground it already smells of petrol and is brown.

I was actually looking into buying a board and some boots. If I go on a snowboarding holiday for the next 2 years I'd make my money back. Also, I wouldn't come home with buckled toes and feet that look like someone tied a rubber band round my ankles.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 00:20   #44
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Box of PG tips.

"Why" I hear you ask. Well, thanks to this purchase, my computer will pwn yours, regardless of specs...

My god..it's true I have no life...
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 00:24   #45
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
Thermaltake TR2 RX 450w PSU, 35quid.

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 04:28   #46
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
gigabit switch and 100' of ethernet cable. i thought i only ordered 30', so now i have an extra 70' of cable sitting in the corner of my room.

oh, and donuts.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 04:36   #47
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
I feel sorry for you guys learning to ski/board on surfaces other than real snow. Colorado has two resorts open already with real snow ;P
i also bought a pair of these recently. i bet the road hurts more than whatever weird fake snow you guys are using.
i can't wait until we get our snow.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 06:04   #48
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Those rollerskiis look pretty cool. As far as fake snow, it's from water in snow making machines. It's cold enough up in the hills to start making a base early on. After the first couple real snows they can open at least a run or two.
Scirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 07:26   #49
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by will. View Post
Here in the UK we don't get snow, we get slush and I swear, before it even hits the ground it already smells of petrol and is brown.

I was actually looking into buying a board and some boots. If I go on a snowboarding holiday for the next 2 years I'd make my money back. Also, I wouldn't come home with buckled toes and feet that look like someone tied a rubber band round my ankles.
Get some burton Moto's. Really nice boots and not all that expensive!
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 09:33   #50
ArtificialHero
We were just punking him sir!

ArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz. View Post
Er... right.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 11:24   #51
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A couple of things arrived for me from Scan today:

An MS ergonomic keyboard and mouse pack, bought it mainly for the keyboard but a spare mouse will come in handy. It's gonna take a while to get used to, the space bar is a little stiff and I can't type too well if I look away from it now. Not sure whether to use the palm lift thingy, it's a bit high with it on really.

I've also bought a wolfking warrior as I'm sure an ergonomic keyboard is a bit crap for gaming.

That brings my keyboard total to 5 now, the two today, my old eclipse, my roll up rubber one and cheap PS/2 one for the occasions when I reinstall XP.

EDIT: Plus a free fiver for doing an OFCOM survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.

Last edited by Veles; 30th Oct 2007 at 11:45.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 13:44   #52
<A88>
Trust the Computer

<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis
I don't use it with the riser...bit too weird for my liking. Just try it flat without the back legs up either.

<A88>
<A88> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 13:56   #53
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz. View Post
Cheers, I've just been to my local snow sports shop and had a peek. I recently trod on a glass and have shards in my foot, so I couldn't try anything on () but they look really good for the price! Now I need to find a board... Although it is not as important as the boots as I'm not really good enough for the board to make a difference

Old 30th Oct 2007, 15:16   #54
ArtificialHero
We were just punking him sir!

ArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by will. View Post
Cheers, I've just been to my local snow sports shop and had a peek. I recently trod on a glass and have shards in my foot, so I couldn't try anything on () but they look really good for the price! Now I need to find a board... Although it is not as important as the boots as I'm not really good enough for the board to make a difference
No no no!! Choosing a boot is completely, completely subjective and dependent on how they feel on your feet. Everyones feet are different, and blindly recommending someone a particular boot is about as helpful as recommending someone a particular prescription for their reading glasses (that may be a slight exaggeration). Go into the shop when you can try on boots, and just try on every pair they have in your size. I'm not going to go into ridiculous amounts of detail here but any reputable snowboard shop with knowledgeable staff will tell you what you should be looking for. In terms of picking a shop, large chains like snow and rock are a bad choice because a) the staff won't have as much time for you, and b) the staff won't all be snowboarders, there will be skiers there too. Without knowing where you are it's difficult to recommend a shop, but Sputnik in Marlow are great, the woman who runs it really knows her stuff (she tests for the Bible, a yearly compendium of snowboarding product reviews). Another good 'un is SS20 in oxford (although I haven't been there since Kieron stopped working there so I don't know how much they are involved with snowboarding kit now).

Don't be afraid to keep the boots on for a good while, and just walk around the shop. Stand still for longish periods with heavy pressure on your toes as this vaguely replicates traversing on your toe edge, which is a common time that riders start to feel discomfort. You should be conscious of any discomfort whatsoever in this area, across the top and outside of your ankle, and under the arch of your foot. Any discomfort you feel in these areas will translate to hours of no fun on the slopes because your feet hurt too much.

Don't let the salespeople convince you to buy any unusual tech (step-ins, flow bindings, etc) as these are without exception flawed (except arguably flow bindings, which some people swear by, but I certainly wouldn't go anywhere near for your first set of kit). One other exception to this is the Vans wire lacing system, which I've heard some positive things about - you'd have to try that one for yourself.

Lastly, just remember that in the snowboarding scene most expensive most definitely doesn't equal best, especially for new riders. I've been riding for 8 years now, and my park board is a Burton Seven which is a mid-price board but IMO one of the best out there. You should be looking at the lower end boards regardless of what the salespeople tell you, as some may just want to maximise the amount of money they get out of you. A lower end board aimed at beginners will allow you to get up to speed so much faster than a flashy board that you can't stay upright on.

AH

P.S. Sorry for going off topic again.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 15:42   #55
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

hehe

I wasn't going to just go and buy them without being able to try them on. I just can't until I have the glass removed

The boots though did feel really good quality for the price. I have previously found some that looked and felt very similar, but were at least 3 times as much. I'll have to wait and see.

Old 30th Oct 2007, 16:08   #56
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialHero View Post
No no no!! Choosing a boot is completely, completely subjective.....
AH

P.S. Sorry for going off topic again.
Sorry if you mis-understood me... I was telling him to buy them, I was saying that for fell/comfort/price for me they were good
Old 30th Oct 2007, 16:18   #57
Mankz
________

Oh! And a box of the greatest cereal ever..: Coco Rocks.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 16:30   #58
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by <A88> View Post
I don't use it with the riser...bit too weird for my liking. Just try it flat without the back legs up either.
That's exactly what I settled with after a bit of testing

I think the riser would have been comfortable had my chair been higher, with it on it bent my wrists too much, next on my list is a better quality chair that I can actually see over my desk with.

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 17:44   #59
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How does a thread about what you just bought last go this off-topic so quickly? Well done As such, I won't be the one to kick this back on topic.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 18:23   #60
Veles
DUR HUR

These threads always go off topic

Quote:

Tags
all the things!!, b.o.g.o.f, cause i'm a material girl, conspicuous consumption, damn kids wasting money, gorbachev, i hate skimlinks, it's bloo....., mmm rasperry pi..e, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mo' money, money, no skimlinks, no to teh wubber domez!!, photo, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, shoes for fish, skimlinkssss!, what are skimlinks?

View Mode