bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 29th Oct 2007, 12:17   #1
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

The other thread is far too big with tonnes of dead pictures and people bragging about how they just bought some ancient crap in 1987 - let's start again.

I have recently bought: an extra gig of ram to go in my Macbook and a bunch of new clothes
Old 11th Nov 2007, 19:29   #2
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post

I still want a 17-70 Sigma
why? you've got a 10-22. if you want long range you don't want a 17-70, if you want it for macro you can get a 60mm canon macro (or some tubes), and if you want close up wide shots the 10-22 you have is better...
Old 12th Nov 2007, 11:24   #3
RTT
#parp

Quote:
But a 17-70 is a good replacement for the mid range, I don't want long range I need something for the product shots on here (Ie I'm not standing outside the building to take a picture of a motherboard), plus it's macro capable. Not convinced with Tubes and the Sigma is only £250. If you get me.

And: Pff 3 month hair cut? 6 months here :P I look like a fraggle.
I'm not convinced at all mate Your 18-55 covers 80% of the 17-70's range and you should be no where near standing outside with the 18-55 unless you're being a noob... it has a minimum focus distance of just under a foot?

Forget the 17-70, get something like the 28-105 and bin your kit lens. Do some reading into tubes and realise how awesome they are and then use them with your 50mm prime

And by the way you'd be paying way over the odds at 250 quid for the 17-70

Quote:
you got a place! Wow that's good going!!
that's not the same one we were thinking of doing it looks like a better one tho, the other one is a for-profit organization :/
Old 12th Nov 2007, 13:19   #4
RTT
#parp

Quote:
1) I dont have a 50-prime yet
oh!
Old 28th Dec 2007, 18:43   #5
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiren View Post
Amy Winehouse album
Razor Blades
presumably the blades are for killing yourself for buying an amy winehouse album?
Old 1st Jan 2008, 00:12   #6
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Charley Boorman - Road to Dakar: Interesting but not excellent. Worth a fiver for the hours it passed.

Sunshine: AWESOME movie, well worth 7 even though I'm unlikely to watch it again for a long while.
Have you seen/got Long Way Down? That is definitely both interesting an excellent. Err, IMO anyway ;D

I thought Sunshine was pretty shitty and i paid to see it at the cinema
Old 28th Jan 2008, 18:44   #7
RTT
#parp

my latest purchases:

books and stuff:

Jupiter's Travels by Ted Simon
Thunderbirds complete DVD box set ( )
Cocoa Programming for OS X

mountain biking stuff:

Some el cheapo clear lens eye protection
Two Panaracer Trailraker Mud tyres
Gore leg warmers. i've now officially bought a pair of tights.
Gore windproof gloves
A new rear wheel. Mavic XC717 Disc 2007 with a Hope Pro 2 hub, DT Swiss competition spokes and a slightly upgraded rear cassette. and a new SRAM chain to go with it.

It has been an expensive month and i'm not even finished yet
Old 16th Mar 2008, 19:04   #8
RTT
#parp

a trials bike

Old 16th Mar 2008, 20:01   #9
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett89 View Post
That bike is savage.
Indeed. Hope hubs, Hope Mono M4 and Mono Trials (rear/front respectively) brake, Middleburn RS7 pros, Zoo bars, a Revell frame, Koxx forks... it's awesome
Old 4th Apr 2008, 11:59   #10
RTT
#parp

I just bought a load of cigarettes and alcohol for the local chavs - that is to say, I paid my council tax.
Old 25th Apr 2008, 10:05   #11
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post

I'm amazed they are still making the Thundercat almost unchanged since its release in what? 1997 or so? Still a lovely bike!
Old 26th Apr 2008, 13:22   #12
RTT
#parp

new helmet and gloves, cos my old ones were knackered
Old 29th May 2008, 22:06   #13
RTT
#parp

yet more bike related **** - a bigger camelbak, new shorts liner, a new tyre as well.
Old 1st Jun 2008, 09:19   #14
RTT
#parp

^ XD
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 18:01   #15
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
Finally brought a frame for my print:
where did you bring it?
Old 31st Aug 2008, 11:37   #16
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
It is, but I also want a 2407 on the side in Portrait mode, don't worry, you'll be first in line for the 2405
They're **** in portrait mode. Image quality degrades a lot (why? someone might know) and frankly 1200px wide is kinda useless unless you want to fill it with pointless stuff like widgets or IM conversations. This is why I wish 1920x1600 existed
Old 9th Oct 2008, 20:44   #17
RTT
#parp

I bought some council tax
Old 12th Nov 2008, 16:49   #18
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Cheap macbook.
Old 24th May 2009, 00:16   #19
RTT
#parp

I suppose this is my latest purchase:

Old 25th May 2009, 10:08   #20
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalize- View Post
RTT, what CC is that? Im wanting to get a 50cc Supermoto when im 16
950cc

Tags
all the things!!, b.o.g.o.f, cause i'm a material girl, conspicuous consumption, damn kids wasting money, gorbachev, i hate skimlinks, it's bloo....., mmm rasperry pi..e, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mo' money, money, no skimlinks, no to teh wubber domez!!, photo, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, shoes for fish, skimlinkssss!, what are skimlinks?

View Mode