bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Oct 2007, 11:16   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Simpsons Writers smack talk Rockstar

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/10...alk_rockstar/1

The writers of the new The Simpsons game talk about GTa developer Rockstar and the complaints they've had from the company. Beware: smack talk within!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 11:26   #2
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Aside from making themselves sound like retard wannabe gangster's they do have a point.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 11:32   #3
AlexB
Web Nerd and WC Addict

AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.
I like'd the demo on Live!.

Pretty cool - best simpsons game yet.
Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had before I blacked out; that thick smell of asphalt. She said she'd fix my bike. Free. No strings attached. I shoulda've known then that things were never that simple. Yeah, when I think of Maureen, I think of two things: Asphalt, and trouble.
1: Intel I7 2600k, ASUS P67 Pro, 16gb Corsair, AMD 7970 (3gb), Corsair 256gb SSD
2: Intel I7 2600k, ASUS P67 Pro, 16gb Corsair, Nvidia 680GTX (4gb)
AlexB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 11:37   #4
Daniel114
Supermodder

Daniel114 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
best simpsons game yet.
shouldn't that be 'Best Simpsons game ever!'
Daniel114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 12:17   #5
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
From that "wit" of that writer I can see why the Simpsons has gone downhill now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 13:22   #6
TreeDude
Supermodder

TreeDude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I guess Rockstar can dish it out but can't take it, eh? Sad that we loose what was probably a pretty fun bit of the game because Rockstar can't take a joke. There needs to be laws against this stuff.
TreeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 13:29   #7
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They have a very valid point, rockstar take the piss out of everything they can. Then someone comes along and parodies there game and they call the lawyers, pathetic.

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 13:43   #8
Carnival
Dremel a WHAT?!

Carnival has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Rizzer elaborated that it was probably a lawyer who's been the source of said conflicts, but that's no excuse in our book."

Taken from a link in the article

I can't see Rockstar making the complaints without effectively being told to do so as apparently they've let things go before. And I have to say the TV writers were so unfunny in that clip that I felt ill. Seriously, get a new job.
Carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 13:48   #9
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncertainGod
They have a very valid point, rockstar take the piss out of everything they can. Then someone comes along and parodies there game and they call the lawyers, pathetic.
agree. i might find less interest to play Rockstar games after this.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 14:04   #10
DeSean
What's a Dremel?

DeSean has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi everyone

I'm surprised people seem to be taking this so seriously.... Rockstar have made themselves look like tools, and we can only guess at what exactly they were complaining about given their own games

but....

Quote:
I guess Rockstar can dish it out but can't take it, eh? Sad that we loose what was probably a pretty fun bit of the game because Rockstar can't take a joke. There needs to be laws against this stuff.
and:
Quote:
Then someone comes along and parodies there game and they call the lawyers, pathetic.
and:
Quote:
i might find less interest to play Rockstar games after this.
Are you lot being serious? Do you really think that it's the same people at Rockstar who named a band "Love-Fist" and made some amazing in-game radio shows, companies and characters would really be the same ones who got annoyed at The Simpsons game? I don't think so.

In my view, the GTA series is one of the very best and most influential ever produced, and this tiny incident changes nothing
DeSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 14:11   #11
Cadillac Ferd
Multimodder

Cadillac Ferd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Simpson's game looks like the usual tie-in garbage that they've always made, I don't even know why Rockstar would bother getting all upset over it. Wasn't there a small poke at GTA in the Simpson's movie? Did they pissed off about that too?
Cadillac Ferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 14:42   #12
theprodigalrebel
What's a Dremel?

theprodigalrebel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't think the actual development team gives a damn about The Simpsons spoofing/parodying their title - probably some new marketing/legal bozos.
theprodigalrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 16:40   #13
TTmodder
Hammertime

TTmodder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac Ferd View Post
Wasn't there a small poke at GTA in the Simpson's movie? Did they pissed off about that too?
you mean: grand theft walrus???
TTmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 16:46   #14
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
who cares about the simpsons game.. the article says it wont be released for pc...

so: GO away simpsons game, the world doesnt need you...

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 16:52   #15
benjamyn
Hypermodder

benjamyn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
who cares about the simpsons game.. the article says it wont be released for pc...

so: GO away simpsons game, the world doesnt need you...
But it's not an FPS so the pc version will suck just like any other non FPS (or RTS/clicky game)

Controller > Keyboard

besides simpsons game sucks anyway
Old 30th Oct 2007, 17:07   #16
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamyn View Post
But it's not an FPS so the pc version will suck just like any other non FPS (or RTS/clicky game)

Controller > Keyboard

besides simpsons game sucks anyway
*slap*

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 17:18   #17
sub routine
Archie Gemel

sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I tend to agree that any free form game gets derivitive Gta vibes thrown at it. Any one remember Urban Chaos? It`s more of a genre than a Rockstar owned gamestyle. Ok it`s not quite what the arguement is about but it is what every journalist touts when they see something where you can run around. I read LOADS of reviews like that for crackdown.

It appears that the simpson game has picked up on this and is poking fun at it all, not a bad thing considering GTAIII is one of my favourite games of all time. It kind of gives a JetSetWilly on steroids feel, old school gameplay and fun, without taking itself too seriously.
But then money and power corrupts and rockstar run the risk of becoming everything it hates. With snazzy uptown advertisement simply there to fuel controversy (I`m reffering to glib defense of GTA and that Bloody Manhunt) and snappy high flying lawyers?
sub routine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2007, 17:28   #18
Henk
Uninformed Opinionist

Henk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, they got what they wanted - Publicity.
Old 30th Oct 2007, 17:29   #19
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitNeogumbercules is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
That was a hardcore zinger!
Old 30th Oct 2007, 17:42   #20
Brett89
Ultramodder

Brett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run CrysisBrett89 can run Crysis
Oh the hypocrisy!

Dell M4600 i7-2860QM, 32GB DDR3, Quadro 1000M, 256GB SSD, 1920x1080
Brett89 is offline   Reply With Quote