1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Nov 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's out already?

sorry, to busy throwing wheelie bins at the enemy......

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well I just finished it and if I was a bit of a FEAR fanboi to start with Im not now. Sequal for the excuse of a sequal. Talk about play the same areas again and again - nothing original at all. I've even played the exactly same bits in the first 2 - it's completely recycled. A few new guns doesn't make it better. I needed to finish it because of some blind faith the story would be explained a bit more, but it wasn't, in fact it made things worse.

Utter tripe. :(

4. The_Head

The_Head What's a Dremel?

I was planning on getting this when I first heard of it. Played the demo and my opinion dropped. I could have sworn FEAR looked better than this.
    Luckily a flatmate had the original FEAR installed, the original looks much less samey.

Its like all the good staff that made the original game had disapeered and gone to work on the Monolith "FEAR" - Project Origin.

After reading this review, I doubt I'l get Mandate unless I see it very cheap second hand. I'm looking forward to Origin though.

5. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

At this rate, that should not take long at all.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

:lol:

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Well like in the review, I love the story line in FEAR so I will still pick up this game, Im just mad that the two companies developing this game went their seperate ways which will really hurt the overall development of this game :(

Man I wish this was a game that they would turn into a movie ^_^

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Ugh, I'm annoyed at the F.E.A.R. franchise: the gameplay was absolutely phenomenal, and there was the pontential for a fantastic all-out action game in there, but it was wasted on s***ty level design and badly paced horror shlock. I still play back some levels, because they're so much fun to go mad in, but as soon as I hit a "ghost" segment I just get bored and turn off.
    I wish a modding community would make something good of it.

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Isn't F.E.A.R is in the same situation as Far Cry. The name got taken from them and the orriginal developers are now working on a new game that looks identical in style but under a new name and the developers just started churning out games under the name hoping to let that carry the franchise as far as possible before people realise they are simply crap.

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Better try out blacksite Area51, it looks amazing.

11. will.

yea, that's looking good actually.. It looked like it might be going a bit downhill at one point and then they showed that vid of some massive monster thing attacking a helicopter while eating a bridge and it made me want it again. :p

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I encourage you not to bother at all. There's no extra story, it's just monotonous crap.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

story? FEAR?

never heard of it. it's basically:
    go do that... but you failed
    so go there before someone else...... but you were too late
    stop the nuke....... but you were unable to
    kill him ........ you got killed

the whole story of FEAR is always failure.

14. will.

there was one, but after the developers split they didn't bother continuing it. They just had enough there to make people think there was.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Something about she's my mother but she's only 8, then I'm his brother but too.

Sounds like the worlds worst incest story tbh. In fact new expansion pack: FEAR of Incest.

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Classic star wars rip off. You are a soldier investigating a psychic trooper called Fettel and for no reason you have superhuman reflexes. Fettel is on a mission to release a ghost of a woman called Alma, who is haunting you. When you follow Fettel you learn that he and Alma were part of a genetically enhanced group of...

Sod it. It's not that good anyway.

17. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

That was the exact conclusion I would've written, if I was writing a review of HL2 Episode 1.
    I've yet to try this, but seeing how I really enjoyed FEAR, I might give this a whirl despite the review. :)

18. will.

eh?

19. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

First thing I notieced from the screenies are. I loved the first game alot, looked amazing and it was a bit of a change in story line. What have they done :(

20. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I loved the original, found the expansion pack really tough but I did have some doubts about this one ( the words flogging and dead horse come to mind) and I think now that its here its is time to quietly close the door on this version of F.E.A.R. and wait for Origin.
    I'll probably still go back to the first game at some point as I think that it has some of the best A.I. around even now plus I do love that shotgun. A real chance to create your own Wild at Heart moments.

Tags: Add Tags