bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Nov 2007, 10:27   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
66-Fan case mod unveiled

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/11...mod_unveiled/1

A new case mod has been unveiled on the interwebs, this one packing a massive 66 case fans which litter the exterior to provide the maximum in air cooling.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 10:59   #2
Leitchy
Supermodder

Leitchy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bet that'd compete with the noise of my 8800 GTX!
Leitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 11:17   #3
Cptn-Inafinus
Supermodder

Cptn-Inafinus has yet to learn the way of the DremelCptn-Inafinus has yet to learn the way of the DremelCptn-Inafinus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was honestly waiting for someone to do this, and I'm not dissapointed!
Old 26th Nov 2007, 11:18   #4
Fishlock
.o0o.

Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fishlock is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That's brilliant, although perhaps not the best thing to have around young children...
Old 26th Nov 2007, 11:35   #5
sk8ter646
Supermodder

sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.sk8ter646 is definitely a rep cheat.
i swear ive seen this like 2 years ago
Optimus II: 17.3" Full HD LED Backlit Widescreen (1920x1080) Super Clear Glossy Laptop -- Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2630QM (2.00GHz) 6MB Cach -- Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB) -- Graphics Card nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M - 2GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® -- 750Gb Sata HDD 7200 spin 16mb
sk8ter646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 11:46   #6
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8ter646 View Post
Me too, but i think it was made out of 120mm fans. 9 on each side.
antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 11:51   #7
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
that is what i was thinking when i saw this.....
Old 26th Nov 2007, 12:11   #8
Delphium
Eyefinity enabled

Delphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Does have a certain deja vu feeling to it.

Bet it sounds like a fleet of jet aircraft on take off.
Delphium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 12:41   #9
g3n3tiX
resident frenchy

g3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
mhhhh..posted this yesterday. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=142923 !
I don't care, because now it made the news section.
I still don't find a use for such a case.
Old 26th Nov 2007, 12:52   #10
Muzza
Minimodder

Muzza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yeah, definitly has been around for a while, I remember the description about how he worked in a computer shop and had all the spare fans.

maybe not the safest pc to have considering the repuation of geeks and internet pr0n!
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 17:12   #11
bahgger
Hypermodder

bahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Like has already been said, this was done ages ago and I definitely remember this not being the first of such a casemod. It's too bad more effort wasn't put in to mask the wires n etc.
bahgger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 17:34   #12
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Even if it's not the first, it's still pretty cool. Although... "Silence? What's that?"
Old 26th Nov 2007, 18:02   #13
Tyinsar
6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
"Or you could say that is all a load of **** and I just thought it would be a cool thing to do."
That's got my vote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 19:39   #14
completemadness
Hypermodder

completemadness has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
I think you did tbh, I recall the CaseFanCase, and looking at the hardware, it is pretty old

But its still cool (literally)
completemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 20:12   #15
Breach
Modding in Exile

Breach has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Im sorry but this is wayyyy old. Why is it popping up all over the net? There is really no other mod that deserves attention than this afternoon boredom+ zipties session?
Old 26th Nov 2007, 20:20   #16
Lazarus Dark
Supermodder

Lazarus Dark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Deja' vu

Seriously, BT, you hadn't seen this a couple years ago?
Just looking at the specs, you can tell its old.
Old 26th Nov 2007, 20:20   #17
lepre
Supermodder

lepre has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
i think it's just the same case.
he just changed the html page but the pics are the same
Old 26th Nov 2007, 20:58   #18
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Quote:
Yep
Old 26th Nov 2007, 21:27   #19
willyolio
Multimodder

willyolio has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwillyolio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiHero
Quote:
now someone should do the same thing using 40mm fans.
willyolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2007, 21:42   #20
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyolio
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiHero
Quote:
now someone should do the same thing using 40mm fans.
then it would sound like the entire air force flying.
although that would be insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote