bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Nov 2007, 07:13   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Free Physx game, Warmonger, available

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/11...er_available/1

Ageia Physx, in continuing attempts to show us how gaming can be enhanced with hardware physics, has released a new Physx title for free!

?

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2007, 07:31   #2
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You managed to make it work yet Joe?

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2007, 07:46   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nope. I got something better for playing with physics at the moment anyway

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 30th Nov 2007, 07:48   #4
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
You need a PPU to play it? As in, without one it won't work at all?
Old 30th Nov 2007, 07:53   #5
Henk
Uninformed Opinionist

Henk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854 View Post
You need a PPU to play it? As in, without one it won't work at all?
Nah, all you get is a "better" experience.
Old 30th Nov 2007, 08:00   #6
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post

Can I hazard a guess? Is it an implementation that uses a 3rd gfx card for the physics?
Old 30th Nov 2007, 08:04   #7
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
AMD Fusion (IIRC) or the Spiders Web?

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2007, 08:11   #8
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
He mentioned a game in another thread if I recall correctly
Old 30th Nov 2007, 08:21   #9
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
My l33t computer shall run this with ease...........

Wait.. it dosnt have a physx proprietary PPU thingie! Now I am sad that my boxes no bouncy with realism....
Old 30th Nov 2007, 08:56   #10
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

Just played it... it's.. ****. >.>
Old 30th Nov 2007, 09:04   #11
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
Well of course it is.. its **** in comparison to Crysis, COD4... but what about the physics? Everyone loves when boxes go flying... dont you remember the gravity gun in HL2?! For Gods sake man!

Old 30th Nov 2007, 09:12   #12
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

Ok.. I had some fun with making flags and stuff tear, but the point of the game is physics.. yet at the same time while playing it, there were banners and flags all over the place, the entire thing was screaming "HOLY CRAP PHYSICS STUFF!!!" to the point where it just got so damn annoying I was happy I didn't have a PPU.
Old 30th Nov 2007, 09:13   #13
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Nobody has guess right just yet. Not even close.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 30th Nov 2007, 10:58   #14
completemadness
Hypermodder

completemadness has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
real life?
completemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2007, 12:59   #15
Dr. Strangelove
Supermodder

Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Let me guess you got one of those "Physics for kids" kits? (like the my home chemistry lab kits)
Old 30th Nov 2007, 14:41   #16
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
is it a new pci-e physics card?
Old 30th Nov 2007, 15:52   #17
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Nope, nope, nope

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 30th Nov 2007, 15:54   #18
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by completemadness View Post
real life?
He has some stonking giant tits to play with
Old 30th Nov 2007, 17:09   #19
drakanious
Minimodder

drakanious has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Garry's Mod?
drakanious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2007, 17:52   #20
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Tim was closest, but still no.

www.joemartinwords.com