1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ghostbusters: The Game details revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

As a bit of a GB fan (even of the old (unrelated-to-the-film) 1980's Filmation GB cartoon series based on earlier 70's stage show), I can't wait to find out some more about this game.

If Harold and Dan are on board, how about Bill Murray (Peter)? and Ernie Hudson (Winston)? or the ghost of John Belushi (Slimer)? :p

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Dec 2007
  3. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

How can they not have coop. That's ridiculous. It would have been so cool to coordinate with some mates to take down a ghost.... shouting "watch your stream Venkman!!" "Let's show this bitch how we do things down town" etc etc etc etc..
    A couple of people would have to hold the ghost while some one clears some space and throws down the trap. So many possibilities.
    Ghostbusters are a team.
    I have a horrible feeling the game will suck.

4. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Always loved the GB!

Thought I would point out that this site http://www.gbprops.com/ has video of the game (youtube), which I compared to the stuff at the actual site ghostbustersgame.com, looks like the real deal!

Graphically it looks like it has a lot of physics involved, looks like that part wont disappoint.

Cant wait to see some demo action! I was surprised though, I didn't think the game was that done already.

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I'm sure there have been some good movie spinoffs! Like.... erm.....

Hang on, I'll think of one...

Ah ha, got it, Goldeneye on the N64, that was a great game!

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I'm actually a bit disappointed that they are following the story from the film/films. With the original writers involved i would prefer an unrelated storyline within the ghostbusters world.

The Warriors was a good movie spin off, along with the Indiana Jones point and click adventures and the Chronicles of Riddick.

7. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

the warriors was an all right movie spin off.

8. Florian

Florian Minimodder

Joe,

as a self-proclaimed fan of the series you could at least spell the guy's name right. It's Aykroyd, not Ackroyd ;)

9. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Bah - screw the multiplayer coop. Just get a rock solid, 100% single player plot and I'll be chuffed.

It seems nowadays *everything* has to be multiplayer and I think it comprimises quality and reliability of the game.

Looking forward to this. :clap:

10. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

I agree with mmorgue that multiplayer hurts some games but Ghostbusters should have it. This is a game about a team not an individual. However they will have multiplayer versus. there was an article in a gaming magazine I just read, can't recall what mag. one u join a multiplayer vs some will be ghosts and some will be ghostbusters. they are even working on some kind of negative effect if you cross the streams. i can't wait for this game and i really hope they get it right.

11. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Co-op would be good, but lets face it us poor pc gamers wouldn't get it any way so I'll be much happier with a strong single player.

12. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Bill Murray has to be hired for this. It's just not Ghostbusters without his humour.

13. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

14. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

They should do something along the lines of Grand Theft Auto, where your driving around the streets trying to contain the ghost menace. If you fail a mission ghosts start chasing you around the map, fail too many times and the big old Stay Puffed marshmellow man comes looking for you. I'd buy that.:D

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Or you could drive around bagging slimers until you got more money for either a bigger or faster car so you could repond to incidents quicker or carry more traps with each trip. Until the key and lock merged then you go get them.. that would be a good game.. erm actually that sounds familiar.

16. Major

Major Guest

Thought it was going to be "Luigi Mansion" style. ;)

Looks awesome.

17. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Errr, Is it Ghostbusters 2?

Tags: Add Tags