bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Dec 2007, 08:51   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
AMD’s Phenom TLB errata benchmarked

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/12..._benchmarked/1

AMD's Phenom isn't getting much love at the moment and things have just got a bit worse because AMD's claimed 10 percent performance loss with the TLB fix was a low estimate...

Old 7th Dec 2007, 09:08   #2
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would love to see them on top again, i loved it when the K7 was king and my Barton 2500+ could operate at 3200+ without any temp increase.

AMD, please bring back the glory days.......
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2007, 10:05   #3
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
what exactly is the benefit of this L3 cache?
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2007, 10:06   #4
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
A common area to throw common data between cores - it's far lower latency than main memory.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2007, 12:31   #5
DrFreeze
Minimodder

DrFreeze has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
bah, thos performance drops look quite bad

and sorry, but saying that unless you want a cpu for its e-peen rating, this doesnt matter is just stupid. If i were to buy this cpu for some 3d rendering or content transcoding, all of a sudden my huge 3d render would take 11 hours instead of 10, lowering the value for money on the cpu. This doesnt just lower your bogomips rating, it can also cost you a good bit of productivity.

bah, i was a huge fan of AMD untill about a year ago, all this barcelona business has been a huge cock-up
DrFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2007, 20:23   #6
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ehh Im building a Spider platform system but for cpu I will just use the 6000+ Black edition until some better quads come out and they work out some of the issues.
• DimasTech Test Bench • Black ICE Triple 120 Rad • Dual Bay Res/Pump • DD Fill Port & Res • D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block • ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo • AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz • 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory • (2) AMD 6870 XFire • (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 • (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE • Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive • ASUS XONAR DX2 • 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD • (2) 23" ASUS LCD • ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER • (4) NOCTUA P12 • (2) NOCTUA P14 • 1000W ZALMAN PSU • WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 •
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2007, 20:32   #7
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
when doing tests/review can you find what programs/games will crash the pc with out the TLB errata fix (i asume you can turn it on and off via bios)

as far as i know is VMware does the crash

from the reviews that have been going around the Single threaded performace of an K8 chip is faster then an K10, so most of my games would take an performace hit (i have an 8800GTX so i am most CPU limited most of the time)
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 07:35   #8
Jebus.exe
Beta V1.0.0.1

Jebus.exe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
give it a few months, the phenom will have all the kinks ironed-out, and there will be the re-release of the 9700 and some more higher end versions.

I'm also planning on biulding a spider, cause i can still see alot of potential in the new chip
AMD 5000+ BE - MSI K9A2 CF - Team Xtreem 800mhz(2x1GB) DDR2 - ATI HD3870 Extreme - 22" LCD
Jebus.exe is offline   Reply With Quote