bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Dec 2007, 11:47   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Call of Duty 5 to be set in the Pacific?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/12...the_pacific_/1

Inside sources have revealed that yes, Treyarch will be bringing Call of Duty 5 back to WWII and that, yes, it will be set in the Pacific theater.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 11:57   #2
soulburner
What's a Dremel?

soulburner has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's worth mentioning that Treyarch isn't the original developer of Call of Duty series. Infinity Ward is, but it seems the game title is entirely owned by the publisher. I don't even think CoD4 was supposed to be titled like that, but it was the publisher's call.

Now there is going to be further confusion when CoD5 arrives done by Treyarch again (they did some addon scenario to CoD1, then CoD3 for consoles).
soulburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:13   #3
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I really hope that infinity ward are busy on something else and that they simply cannot do COD5 rather than they are just being left out of the project. Why make a change to the developer when they clearly do such a good job?

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:28   #4
Matt_117
Modder

Matt_117 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
IW need to take the COD4 engine and produce a good looking sci-fi game with good graphics, they seem to be selling (Halo 3, Mass Effect, Crysis, Bioshock etc).
Matt_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:32   #5
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
a pacific scenario might be cool if done correctly.....
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:35   #6
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
its COD3 all over again....... please stop them now! i hate other companies killing games like this
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:37   #7
Speedo
Minimodder

Speedo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I guess CoD6 will be the next 'true' (read: Infinity Ward) title, if they stay on the series. From what I understand CoD is under a 1 year release cycle as a title but Infinity Ward has a 2 year dev cycle.
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:41   #8
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Idiots!
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:43   #9
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's a shame that they feel the need to go back to the WW2 series.

I'm so tired of the WW2 genre and I'm so pleased with what infinityward did with COD4, it's time to expand on that and move forward.

If they do have to take a step back in time why can they do Vietnam or something....please please please no more WW2!!!

This is sad news
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:45   #10
mmorgue
Supermodder

mmorgue has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sigh.. another return to the WW2 genre...

All I want is a multiplayer that is as fun as Bf2 is/was, set in a modern context and with the level of environment interaction of Crysis.

Or have I just described BF:Bad Company?
mmorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 12:56   #11
plagio
Multimodder

plagio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorgue View Post
Sigh.. another return to the WW2 genre...

All I want is a multiplayer that is as fun as Bf2 is/was, set in a modern context and with the level of environment interaction of Crysis.

Or have I just described BF:Bad Company?
You probably described bf3
plagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 14:11   #12
Drexial
Supermodder

Drexial has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think the BF and CoD franchises made the jump into modern war too quickly. While i don't think sticking with WW2 is the best idea. But there was also Korea and we could also through in some 50s cold war twist on history. But once you do modern warfare there is nowhere else to go unless you wait another ten years to release a game. Or do what BF did and we all know how that turned out. One of the biggest disappointments ever, so many good ideas, such bad execution.
Drexial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 15:03   #13
fargo
Multimodder

fargo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
cod5 in the pacific might not be a bad idea as long as the pc port is included otherwise forget it. It
could be a good fill in until I. ward gets cod6 to market. no more of these console only games!
fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 15:49   #14
Demon Cleaner
Multimodder

Demon Cleaner has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't mind if they go back to the WWII era, but please let Infinity Ward take over the development. At the end of the day, it's the gameplay that counts, not the story or the guns. Actually disregard the bit about the guns.
Demon Cleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 18:36   #15
pillow
Supermodder

pillow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjoyce1980 View Post
its COD3 all over again....... please stop them now! i hate other companies killing games like this
sure does look like it. you guys realize that cod4 is actually the real cod3. also, i wont be buying this 'fake cod5', ill wait for the real cod4 to come out (or cod6 as it will most likely be called). cod 3 and cod 5 are not apart of the call of duty franchise but rather spin offs made by another company.

it would be intersting to have a cod set in vietnam. or even if a cod had its own cold war story. i think its bull that other companies get to use the call of duty name to sell their games.
Old 11th Dec 2007, 19:12   #16
Angleus
Hypermodder

Angleus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think COD in Vietnam would be awesome, they'd have to balance it right though, and remember the fact that the US actually lost...
Angleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 20:13   #17
Leitchy
Supermodder

Leitchy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Let WWII be put to rest, and lets fight the modern conflicts of our time! In other words, more games to feed muslim hatred
Leitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 21:50   #18
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
YES YES YES, I am sooo glad that CoD is going back to the world wars, I was hoping to do battle in the pacific, this is awesome news. ^_^
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 22:21   #19
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The Pacific isn't bad but I think Vietnam would be better/harder
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2007, 23:10   #20
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
maybe a game were you play the bad guys.....