1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits bit-tech's Top 10 Games of 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. ryanjleng

ryanjleng ...

Oh, sweet pearl of bohemian toosh... your list came just in time for my long vacation!

just finished Bioshock and started COD4 yesterday and will work through your list until dropping dead of dehydration.

great read! thanks.

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Had a quick look on there, I have played 2 games on that list :D
    I still havnt played HL2:EP2 yet. I will save it for my few days off work at xmas.

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I woulda swapped Bioshock and Call of Duty 4, but that's just me :)

5. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

umm, cod4 should be number one.

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Glad to see that Crysis is higher than COD4.

Apart from the Chernobyl mission (and possibly the mission on the boat at the beginning) I didn't enjoy COD4 at all. This is purely due to the endless-spawning enemies, which I absolutely loathe as a game mechanic. I can't comment about the multiplayer.

Crysis on the other hand was highly enjoyable and as I played COD4 I missed a lot of the things that Crysis introduced - like customisable guns for example. I had a blast playing it.

I've yet to play Bioshock or Super Mario Galaxy, but I might have to argue over that order after xmas. Good list guys. :)

7. tzang

tzang Traditional Nutter

Great list although I can't comment on Super Mario Galaxy as it is the only title I don't have.

I'm surprised to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. popping up on that list. It looked like a game that you either like or hate, I went with the latter. Stranglehold is more fun :D

8. ryanjleng

ryanjleng ...

is it me or COD4 appeared to be very short... just finished the game. :|

Last edited: 18 Dec 2007
  9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's because I put STALKER at #3 on my list :D I played it twice to get the extended endings. :D

10. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Meh. Orange box is overrated. Games we've already played, and a 'mini game'.

Bioshock/Forza2 for me.

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Well, I did tell you it was short...

12. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

nice list guys, I'm glad cod4 fell below crysis too, cod4 just didnt excite me but i liked what crysis brought to the table. I'm also glad that halo fell to the bottom of the list as i wasnt impressed at all when it was played, the same with mass effect. The only game i havent played is the mario one and thats because i dont have a Wii...

I'm normally a lover not a hater, but S.T.A.L.K.E.R brought out the worst in me and thats the only game i'd move down the list, possibly off of the list but i'm having trouble thinking of a game to replace it *yawn, its too early*. Other than that quibble its a good top 10, and my what a year its been for us gamers! i hope 2008 has some promise, or i'll have to ration my game usage until something new comes out :p

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Sorry, I think COD:4 should be in third, BioShock in second and Crysis in First, with OB fourth or 5th.

OB seemed like HL2 plus a bit more, and I really didn't like that.

14. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

For the most, agree with your classification.
    The Orange Box is the best 2007 package.
    Bit-Tech keeps overrating Bioshock, though.

15. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

i just finished mass effect tonight after 35+ hours of game time. it was enjoyable and earned a spot on this list and i think 10th is probably the right place. The game was good but had its issues, but was a fun experience. i cant fault the list much , but i am wondering why supreme commander wasn't on the list?

16. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Bioshock was massively over rated. A decent game, but certainly not one I'm ever likely to go back to. I don't get where the love for Crysis is coming from either? It's just another FPS. Very pretty (as was FarCry), but really, is it all that? The demo put me right off.

STALKER had more holes in it than a giant swiss cheese. It wouldn't run for more than 5 mins without locking up/crashing to desktop. How does that warrant a nomination? Surely games, in addition to being good, have to actually be playable?

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I thought it was brilliant. Played fine for me on two year old hardware, and was an enjoyable and fairly long game, with a decent selection of items and missions, with a good story line.

COD:4 should also get praise for the fact it looks brilliant but will still run on your PCWorld PC.

18. Tim S

Tim S OG

It was on my list... but nobody elses :(

19. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

good list
    dont quite agree on some of them or the order but thats to be expected :p

imo
    1) Orange box (TF2, portal and ep3 are all awesome theres no way to rate these against each other as they're all completely different)
    2) Crysis (daft story but utterly gorgeous and really really fun, i loved this game)
    3) CoD4 (fantastic gameplay, nice graphics and daft story, also loved this game)

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I agree pretty much completely with you joe - I was thinking "CoD4 should be higher", but that would be in a PC-only list, and SMG is a great game, certainly the best non-sports on the Wii.

About the only thing I disagree with you on is World In Conflict - I just hated that game, something about the way the action is so small most of the time, I prefer my RTS's to be a large, grand-scale affair. Somewhere between C&C and SupCom...

I must agree on the Orange Box as though - Portal was probably my favourite game of this year, with CoD4 coming in 2nd. I just love the way the story sucks you in, along with the brilliant portal concepts for level design. An absolute masterpiece...

Tags: Add Tags