bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Dec 2007, 11:55   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Georgia Tech team make talc print robot

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/12...h_talc_robot/1

In the tech equivalent to messing around in the kitchen with flour and getting a scolding from your mother, a team of students have made a robot which prints on carpet using talcum powder.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2007, 12:07   #2
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Alternatively, fill the hopper with weed killer and give your neighbour a nice personalised message scorched into his lawn.
I have now found a way to deliver revenge one the old b****** across the street from me. perhaps I'll use methylated spirits instead and a well aimed match.
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2007, 12:52   #3
Rebourne
Supermodder

Rebourne has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's just going to be annoying.
Rebourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2007, 13:37   #4
C0nKer
Supermodder

C0nKer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow... my project for a similar course is horribly lame compared to that.
C0nKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2007, 18:54   #5
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
w00t, my project for 4th year embedded system is a "mouse" no, not the one that eats cheese, nor the one with optical eye that u move around ur hand to point stuff in the monitor.... but a standalone electro-mechanical entity with AI capable of solving a maze and find the shortest path

i miss college

no wait, not entirely... lol but its always good to see undergraduate computer program that keeps pushing the limit of creativity!
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2007, 20:13   #6
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Reminds me of when someone drew a huge penis outside our school canteen in salt!

I wonder how anyone came up with this idea! Its genius though - the next step should be to put a vacuum on one end, so it can clean up after itself and replenish the supplies!
Old 21st Dec 2007, 20:54   #7
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
its kind of slow compared to some robots i saw sometime ago....
Old 21st Dec 2007, 23:39   #8
TheEclypse
Supermodder

TheEclypse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Maybe you could use it to automate seed planting for farmers?
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 20:58   #9
metarinka
I *am* a Dremel

metarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysis
wasn't a very similar system alreadsy developed by a student at MIT. It did the same thing with powdered chalk and it was attached to a bicycle allowing him to draw messages on the sidewalk by just riding around
metarinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 01:48   #10
Spaceraver
Ultramodder

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
GG. We had a similar type of cartoonist like Heath Robinson here in Denmark namely Storm P. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Storm_Petersen He was a painter too.. He did more then 60.000 drawings and various other works of art.
Spaceraver is offline   Reply With Quote