bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Jan 2008, 12:56   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Noahpad" Eee PC rival announced

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01...al_announced/1

E-Lead Electronics has announced a rival for the Eee PC: the Noahpad. It's small, white, and runs Linux; is it just another clone, or has it got its own merits?

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2008, 13:52   #2
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Mmm.... Full English.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2008, 15:49   #3
Mr T
4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Mr T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now if it can cook the full English too. Where do i signup?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.4Ghz - 4Gb Corsair 6400C4 - Abit IP35 - 256mb nVidia 7900GS
Corsair HX 520w PSU - Pioneer DVR-212 DVD-RW - 74Gb Western Digital Raptor - 320Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2008, 17:00   #4
crazybob
Voice of Reason

crazybob has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcrazybob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Even if it costs $50 I'd get an Eee instead. Real keyboards mean a lot.
crazybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2008, 17:29   #5
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I'd still rather get a Eee
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2008, 18:09   #6
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
im still waiting for solid state 30GB+ drive in a 10inch or less laptop........ then i'd buy one

all those attemps are good, but not good enough. but the idea of this Noahpad with 30GB drive is better than EEE *except* the keyboard part.
Old 1st Jan 2008, 19:52   #7
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well, Eee user and lover here so take the following as you will but:

The split keyboard is bad. The Eee's keyboard is stupidly small and unusable for 20 minutes, then you get used to it and you're typing nearly as fast as you do on a standard keyboard within a week or two. The foldyback thing sounds like it could be cool, the ability to turn into a tablet would be awesome, but I do question whether they'll pull that off well. The 30GB HDD? Instinctively I'd say "YAY, more space!" - but even a 1.8" disk (Which I assume is the form factor they'll go for) is going to add mass and volume to the machine, and with the Eee so ridiculously hackable for extra space (you can breach 30 with ease) in a variety of ways which barely add any weight and no volume I think the EeePC might win for some people there still. Although certainly those who don't have a clue what the slots in the sides of their machines are for might find it more attractive.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 12:20   #8
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How do you add more memory to the Eee?

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 12:37   #9
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
why does everyone including linked article in first post say eeepc is sold out if ocuk has (one model only, but atleast something) in stock?

anyway..

i dont think those super small and cheap notebooks are going to compete with real notebooks just yet, i see them more as a alternative to pda's.

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 13:12   #10
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by will. View Post
How do you add more memory to the Eee?
Remove a few screws from the plate on the underside, remove plate, slot out RAM, slot in new RAM, stick plate back on, screw in screws. There's a limiting factor that the linux kernel used
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote