bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 8th Jan 2008, 05:25   #1
DLoney
Multimodder

DLoney has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lian Li puts out more cases!

Lian Li shot out pics of its new "gamer" case.
-Somone hit it with a ugly stick.

Quote:
Lian Li has been busy at work; they have an entire product refresh that is expected to drop soon. Unfortunately, the website is yet to be updated, but the new range will consist of at least 10 new models.
News from Gizmodo: http://gizmodo.com/341951/lian-li-cr...orsuit-pc-case

http://www.lian-li.com/index.php
DLoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 05:47   #2
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that one is ugly, but those three in the middle of the wide shot look pretty decent. especially that one with the blue ring on the door. i might have to buy that.
Old 8th Jan 2008, 06:04   #3
Amon
inch-perfect

Amon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why so many fans? And are the drive bays on the side or something because of those fans? I like the colour, though.
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 06:05   #4
boiled_elephant
I actually like Doom 3.

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I haven't seen any prefab gaming cases that were very pretty, ever. At least this one has colour (red, mmmm ), it strikes one over the usual chunky black monoliths.
Normally, though, your hobbies are profitless and you spend your youth cramming them
into the pauses between 8-hour shifts of restless tedium, waiting for retirement.
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 06:10   #5
Tyinsar
6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLoney View Post
-Somone hit it with a ugly stick.
And they used to be such a nice company.
Old 8th Jan 2008, 06:41   #6
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks more like a Thermaltake offering. <- Closest I could get to a "puke smiley"
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 06:54   #7
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
bleargh..

lian li used to be a decent case company, but they really dropped the ball with giving in to the wanna be leet kiddy gamer bling bling trend....

now you have to deny that you have a lian li case...

Silverstone here i come

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 08:09   #8
z3rb
+4 str +4 stam

z3rb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I guess I'm the only one that actually likes the style of the case...?

Old 8th Jan 2008, 08:45   #9
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
Im past the uber cool look of a case, all I want is something basic. And arnt these things like, hundreds?

Lian Li is making a killing Im sure...
Old 8th Jan 2008, 08:50   #10
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawaol View Post
Im past the uber cool look of a case, all I want is something basic. And arnt these things like, hundreds?

Lian Li is making a killing Im sure...
That's the thing, a lot of people ****ing love this in your face "gamer cases" - it's why Thermaltake look at me funny when I tell them its cases look ugly. They sell bucket loads.

I weep, I truly do.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 08:59   #11
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
That's the thing, a lot of people ****ing love this in your face "gamer cases" - it's why Thermaltake look at me funny when I tell them its cases look ugly. They sell bucket loads.

I weep, I truly do.
I'd rather see elite skills in a game. That puts there money where there mouth is. This really reminds me of the super charged "pimped" out cars. I mean, what the hell? Lets SEE you use that thing for what its REALLY for! Bragging rights? Bah, show me some l33t skills, then you'll get my attention.

And what the hell is with lights on everything?! I bought a spot cooler for my ram and the thing lights up like a friggen neon sign.

*sigh*
Old 8th Jan 2008, 09:34   #12
oasked
Stuck in the Mud

oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.
On a side not, does anybody know why there's not much stock (or choice) of Lian-Li cases in the UK? I really want a V1000B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoad View Post
that one is ugly, but those three in the middle of the wide shot look pretty decent. especially that one with the blue ring on the door. i might have to buy that.
The one with the blue ring seems to be a PC-B25B.
Old 8th Jan 2008, 09:51   #13
DLoney
Multimodder

DLoney has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ok...
the blue ring one (PC-B25B) looks alright, still cant touch the classics though.
DLoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 10:35   #14
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasked View Post
The one with the blue ring seems to be a PC-B25B.
We reviewed it: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...an-li_pc-b25/1
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 10:49   #15
dragontail
5bet Bluffer

dragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ugh, what the **** is that!?!
Old 8th Jan 2008, 13:44   #16
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Yeah, I saw it on their site last week. Odd to say the least. And this is coming from a LiLi fanboy.
LilyPC V.2 - completed! • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumi่re Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 14:08   #17
mm vr
The cheesecake is a lie

mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rb View Post
I guess I'm the only one that actually likes the style of the case...?
No, you're not...

I agree with you guys that "Gaming cases" are bling bling only.
I like simple cases too, but that's a fine one , not too bling bling.

Just wondering where the ODD's are positioned?
mm vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 16:39   #18
StevieC
Rising Fusion

StevieC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I know this may not be the place to put a description of my ideal PC case but Lian-Li came so close and then backed away from it. Make a version of the PC-60 but with a VGA card support pillar a-la the PC-A70, but instead of hinged plastic clips, have points where you can put screws in through the screwholes that most graphics cards have, that are sometimes used for attaching the cooling fan air-guides but are left unused when you fit a heavy waterblock on. That way I can brace the cards so the weight of the water block doesn't strain the motherboard so severely, and I can STILL have the external 3.5" bays, 3 of them at the very least, and the multiple 5.25" external bays for optical drives and other devices, BUT KEEP THE SAME LOOK AS THE PC-60. That way it'll still match the look of the external phase-change cooler I'd want to use with the case.
StevieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2008, 18:14   #19
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Ok so Lian-Li decided to enter the highly-contested area of FUGLY cases.

Makes Jipa a very, very sad polar bear.
Old 8th Jan 2008, 18:21   #20
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
Lian Li seem to be the Alfa Romeo of the PC Case world. Some of them are simplistic yet beatutiful, while others just look nasty.
I guess its ok for me to say this 'you can't call yourself a true PC guy till you own a Lian Li' No?

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is online now   Reply With Quote