bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Jan 2008, 04:37   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Lian Li answers cries from Xbox 360 owners

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01...x_360_owners/1

Lian Li is looking for ways to branch out this year and it could have hit gold with this Xbox 360 replacement enclosure.

Digg to share!
Old 10th Jan 2008, 05:42   #2
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
I dont think that its a bad idea, if my product was out of warrenty. but if its still in warrenty, and it breaks, i can have it fixed for free. but if i take it out of the case and there has already been enough damage that its just a matter of time before it breaks, not only have I now spent the money on a case, but i have to pay to have it fixed.
so I would just keep it as is rather than risk it.
Old 10th Jan 2008, 06:43   #3
slugbug
Going Broke Saving Money

slugbug has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Having your xbox 360 in a case like this just might solve some of the overheating problems. Now if Microsoft would get together with Lian Li and offer this case as an option they'd be doing something.
slugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 06:51   #4
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.glaeken is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
better give it a face lift because it looks pretty boring as it is. Nothing too radical, just something more than a metal box.
Old 10th Jan 2008, 06:54   #5
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hm... good concept, but it really doesn't stand up to the simple yet elegant looks I expect from Lian Li.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 07:24   #6
Stonewall78
Multimodder

Stonewall78 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice idea and all but you just can't throw a bigger HDD in there and have it work.
Stonewall78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 08:04   #7
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
huh I like the idea, like it better if xbox made a line like that.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 08:53   #8
zoom314
Multimodder

zoom314 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like the idea, But All It does besides help solve the cooling problem possibly, is make the Xbox360 look like a PC, It lacks something, But I can't put My finger on It.
zoom314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 09:17   #9
Cadillac Ferd
Multimodder

Cadillac Ferd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh mah god.
Do ****ing want.
Cadillac Ferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 09:18   #10
Amon
inch-perfect

Amon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's as if it was made solely for the Bit-tech crowd. Xbox + modding.

You might even be able to fit a PC in there, simultaneously.
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 09:54   #11
mmorgue
Supermodder

mmorgue has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yep -- to make this a complete killer, M$ would need to partner up and offer it as an alt box/case so as to preserve the warranty.

But i do like!
mmorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:02   #12
Speedo
Minimodder

Speedo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been waiting for someone to produce something like this for about a year now, and I never expected it to be a company like Lian Li. I find this to be a very minor overhaul though, as far as I can see the GPU will have less directed airflow over it and the optical drive is in the same position as before. If the optical drive was lifted (plenty of space in that box) and the gpu given a better heatsink it'd probably make a massive difference! I hope there's an option without the silly window too, don't want that in my AV stack!
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:19   #13
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's certainly big enough for some decent watercooling.
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:34   #14
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Oh hell yes, now make it in silver so it blends with my AV stack
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:39   #15
Bursar
Hypermodder

Bursar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think it hit every branch as it fell down the ugly tree! People joked about the size of the 360 when it launch, and it looks as if that replacement case is about twice the size of the normal one!
Bursar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:40   #16
AlexB
Web Nerd and WC Addict

AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.
I really like it
Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had before I blacked out; that thick smell of asphalt. She said she'd fix my bike. Free. No strings attached. I shoulda've known then that things were never that simple. Yeah, when I think of Maureen, I think of two things: Asphalt, and trouble.
1: Intel I7 2600k, ASUS P67 Pro, 16gb Corsair, AMD 7970 (3gb), Corsair 256gb SSD
2: Intel I7 2600k, ASUS P67 Pro, 16gb Corsair, Nvidia 680GTX (4gb)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 11:44   #17
Mister_X
Chaotic Neutral

Mister_X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm all for custom chassis but this IMO looks very poor....
Mister_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 11:47   #18
Bursar
Hypermodder

Bursar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Plus, it looks like everything is behind that pop down door. Need to swap discs, open the door. Want to have a wired controller or your play and charge kit hooked up? Yup, gotta have that door open the whole time.

Doors on PC cases are bad enough, but to have them on your consoles as well? No thanks.

Besides, Lian Li already make a case for my 360. It's called the PC70 and my console sits very nicely on top of it
Bursar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 11:48   #19
Mister_X
Chaotic Neutral

Mister_X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
though I'll give it bonus points if it is quieter...
Mister_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 11:53   #20
MilkMan5
Yeah man...

MilkMan5 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don’t like it – it reminds me of a normal PC case – what’s so interesting about it.