bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Jan 2008, 19:44   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
EVGA nForce 780i SLI FTW err... cheesecake?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01...w_cheesecake/1

EVGA showed us its latest slice of cheesecake at its CES suite - the EVGA nForce 780i SLI cheesecake motherboard.

Old 10th Jan 2008, 20:11   #2
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
that picture makes it look like the PCIE slot is inaccessable. why are they going with an Acronym for the name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 20:25   #3
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Its a bad use of cheesecake.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 20:47   #4
Naberius
Multimodder

Naberius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have always liked EVGA, ever since the days of the M-ATX SLi motheroard (hopefully they wil make anoher one), they seem to direct their products in the right direction, sorting out what is useful for buyers from what they don't need.

Can't wait to see this on the market.
Naberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2008, 21:02   #5
Jojii
hardware freak

Jojii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
changing memory when you have one of those new gt x2 cards should be fun
Jojii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2008, 00:58   #6
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
errr...cheesecake?! someone care to explain!? i'm hungry now...
Old 11th Jan 2008, 01:04   #7
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1 View Post
errr...cheesecake?! someone care to explain!? i'm hungry now...
Its a forum thing, the mods i think got fed up with people using FT W far to often, so eachtime you put FT W it replaces it with cheesecake.

Onto the mobo, looks good, just hope it doesnt have as many issues as the 680i did (the one Tim couldn't get to work but i could)

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2008, 01:06   #8
AuDioFreaK39
IT Journalist

AuDioFreaK39 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is this cheesecake as in For The Win?

I can just imagine on tech forums like bit-tech: "Hey which mobo should I get?"

Some random nub: "eVGA 780i SLi cheesecake"

"lol thanks!"
6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
AuDioFreaK39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2008, 03:11   #9
r4tch3t
hmmmm....

r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Not the nicest looking board, but the extras are nice. However this is another board with the floppy connector 90 degrees instead of the IDE. Meh I'm all SATA now.
Old 13th Jan 2008, 04:40   #10
Amon
inch-perfect

Amon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like it's quite hefty and the fan looks unnecessary. They couldn't move the northbridge up a bit?
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2008, 12:40   #11
tuaamin13
Minimodder

tuaamin13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you've ever been around the EVGA forums, people are like "oh no, I'll be waiting for the cheesecake" version of the motherboard! While all those northbridge options seem nice (assuming they can fix it), and stability is always good, I'm not sure it's going to be worth the premium unless it comes in at the current 780i price and the 780i current drops.
tuaamin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2008, 12:43   #12
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
waiting for the cheesecake version, rolf that sounds awesome