bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Jan 2008, 09:52   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Turn your iPhone into a guitar

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01...nto_a_guitar/1

Hobbyist programmer Shinya Kasatani has released a package for the iPhone and iPod touch which uses the multi-touch interface to simulate a guitar.

Old 21st Jan 2008, 10:12   #2
[WP@]WOLVERINE
Supermodder

[WP@]WOLVERINE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel[WP@]WOLVERINE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
seems kinda cool But hey the keeping up with Clapton in the solos thing isnt really a problem i mean the guy is nicknamed Slowhand Get some Dragonforce on there and try and keep up, now thats a challenge
Intel i7 980X EE | 6gb HyperX 2ghz DDR3 | Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm ed | Asus 7950 DCII | Corsair HX1000 | SB X-Fi Fatality | 5.1tb storage+2xX25M 80gb SSD | Lian Li pc201 | 3xBenQ G2420HDB@Eyefinity | Ms Natural 4000 | Corsair M60 | Logitech Z-5450.
[WP@]WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2008, 10:47   #3
Darkedge
Supermodder

Darkedge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
so you can hold the strings down.. how do you strum? I thought the iphone/touch had a multi point touch that only coped with 2 at a time anyway.
Darkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2008, 14:28   #4
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by [WP@
WOLVERINE]seems kinda cool But hey the keeping up with Clapton in the solos thing isnt really a problem i mean the guy is nicknamed Slowhand Get some Dragonforce on there and try and keep up, now thats a challenge
Ah come on Dragonforce isn't difficult, you just have to be quick. Clapton's far harder to emulate and sound remotely as impressive than some jumped up suedo power metal band.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2008, 15:20   #5
[WP@]WOLVERINE
Supermodder

[WP@]WOLVERINE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel[WP@]WOLVERINE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul
Quote:
WOLVERINE]seems kinda cool But hey the keeping up with Clapton in the solos thing isnt really a problem i mean the guy is nicknamed Slowhand Get some Dragonforce on there and try and keep up, now thats a challenge
Ah come on Dragonforce isn't difficult, you just have to be quick. Clapton's far harder to emulate and sound remotely as impressive than some jumped up suedo power metal band.
Yeah right the stuff the dragonforce guitarist do is easy suuuure. I have been playing guitar for 20+ years and i can nail a clapton song in 5 minutes but theres no way ill nail a dragonforce solo. Either way a dragonforce solo would be ALOT more difficult to do on the phone.
Intel i7 980X EE | 6gb HyperX 2ghz DDR3 | Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm ed | Asus 7950 DCII | Corsair HX1000 | SB X-Fi Fatality | 5.1tb storage+2xX25M 80gb SSD | Lian Li pc201 | 3xBenQ G2420HDB@Eyefinity | Ms Natural 4000 | Corsair M60 | Logitech Z-5450.
Old 21st Jan 2008, 15:48   #6
ChromeX
I *am* a Dremel

ChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah wolverine is right. You might not like dragonforce but you have to admit their stuff is far far far technically harder than claptons blue's scales songs
ChromeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2008, 16:40   #7
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's quite slow to react, but I think that's because of the touch pad itself. It's also extremely quiet sound wise.

Other then that I can see it being a useful teaching tool, if you're on the bus or something.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2008, 17:14   #8
Josh88
What's a Dremel?

Josh88 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

Dragonforce? Haha No, they really are lame.. if you want to hear real musicianship try listening to Dream Theater..John Petrucci owns Herman Li any day of the week, seriously
Josh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2008, 17:17   #9
ArtificialHero
We were just punking him sir!

ArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Frets are too close together for chords, which is all this is really useful for IMO. Halve the number of frets and put a slider so you can control where on the neck you are playing somewhere, and it would be a lot better. First 3/4 frets = win.

AH
Old 21st Jan 2008, 17:18   #10
ArtificialHero
We were just punking him sir!

ArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
clapton > dragonforce because good music != hard to play music. it still amazes me how many people don't seem to grasp that.
Old 21st Jan 2008, 17:31   #11
bahgger
Hypermodder

bahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Man, get a bunch of guitarists together and they can only seem to bicker about their idol being better or their skills destroying anyone elses.. Nice app there - I'll put it on my phone for a go but seeing as I attempted guitar for 3 months almost 5 years ago, and realised I sucked, I don't think much has changed :/
bahgger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2008, 18:37   #12
[WP@]WOLVERINE
Supermodder

Hey im not even a fan of dragonforce or clapton either for that matter all i said that the Herman li stuff is far more difficult to play than the clapton stuff. And Petrucci is a great guitarist aswell. My previous posts has nothing to do with who is better of not. The dragonforce reference just came from the fact that ive been slaving away in guitar hero with that damned dragonforce song
Old 21st Jan 2008, 20:16   #13
bumfluff
Hypermodder

bumfluff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have seen both Dream Theater and Dragonforce live, John Petrucci is a god and I have just bought his solo album but Dragonforce put on a very very good show live, although they don't have the same musicality and they are a completely different genre. Joe Satriani is awesome aswell, as are Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai. I'd say any guitarist who is famous enoughto be in an argument over who is better, is going to be bloody hard to play on an iphone.
bumfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 00:29   #14
mintedjo
What's a Dremel?

mintedjo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
From the lack of interest here concerning the iPhone guitar thingy, I`m guessing its nothing to shout about.
I just registered to say, in general Dragonforce music sounds horrible, with one exception being through the fire and the flames. In my opinion, that particular song is more pleasant to listen to than anything by Clapton. Hence we reach the conclusion (which I'm sure we were already aware of) that who is "better" depends on what you like to listen to and whether you consider technical difficulty when rating a guitarists music.
Of course thats all nonsense and Herman pwns Eric.
mintedjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 07:47   #15
thecrownles
What's a Relix?

thecrownles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
AC/DC F TW !!!

In reality though, I like Clapton more than Hard Rock... I just don't play guitar at all.

Women... know your place.
thecrownles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 10:37   #16
Luised76
What's a Dremel?

Luised76 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Downloading the app

Hi - Where is it possible to download the "Turn your iPhone into a guitar" app? Thx.
Luised76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 10:41   #17
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You need to have a jailbroken ipod touch/iphone and then load the source in the article.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote