1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Prince of Persia trilogy starts this year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Jan 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Playing through assassins creed it reminded me alot of PoP, I'd hope it would be more of an RPG type game instead of more free roaming action (which although repetative was well executed in AC)

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Hopefully Ubisoft can harness the powerful AC engine and use it to make a game with some decent mechanics and backstory.

4. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Over hyped the Prince of Persia games series has become... so says Yoda !

Really... Ubisoft.. give us something new this year. 4th game in a series ... not impressed.

5. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I get the feeling they will be using allot of Assasins creeds positives and throwing it in this new game, visuals and so fourth. I hope they dont get the negatives of the game and iron them out.

6. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

im looking forward to this game, i really enjoyed the most recent 3, and with luck this will be as good as those :)

7. 8igdave

8igdave Counting down the days to November!

ive not even played the first ones. Are they really that good? They seemed to get very frustatign around friends.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The first one is the best, but it's flawed because of the combat. You spend a while doing some cool platforming, storytelling etc - then you get the really hard arena battle. It's never unfair, thanks to the time warping, but it can get a bit annoying near the end. The second one is pretty good too and the combat in that is much better and more open ended. The third was my least favourite because the ending and the dark/light prince thing was a bit lame. Some puzzles are poorly designed and the race sequences were just dull.

It's definitely work buying or borrowing the first two though - you can pick SoT up for about a fiver now on old consoles or PC. I hear console is better, but I played PC and loved it so I guess it depends on your setup.

Tags: Add Tags